Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Tim_Shih
Level 5
Level 5
250 sign-ins 50 replies posted 50 questions asked

Dear Receiver,

Do you have any documents which is talk about "crosstalk and eye diagram" of XMC4700" ?!

Thank you so much.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Pradeep_PN
250 sign-ins 100 solutions authored 25 likes received

Hi @Tim_Shih @Jin_Hsu ,

As discussed below are the comment :

The Peripherals for which eye diagram is asked not scope of XMC datasheet .  The phy layer for peripherials like usb , ethernet , i2c , spi will be as per RFC documentation . You can refer RFCs for more detail.

Best Regards
Pradeep.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Pradeep_PN

Hi @Tim_Shih ,

What do you mean by eye diagram of XMC 4700 as per my understanding the eye diagram is indicator for quality of signals.

So when mentioning XMC 4700, the CAN has one eye diagram, the Clock has one diagram , the bus has one eye diagram etc 

May we know in the above for which component you are requesting the eye diagram.

Coming to other question the cross talk as of now we couldn't find any specific documentation but we will request the internal team and get back to you soon.

May we now why do you need this documentation ?

Best Regards
Pradeep.

0 Likes
Jin_Hsu
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted Welcome!

Hi @Pradeep_PN 

We have done SI analysis on critical net of PCB, including eye diagram and crosstalk to make sure the quality of signals.

So we need all of them for eye diagram and crosstalk specification for XMC 4700.

0 Likes
Pradeep_PN

Hi @Tim_Shih @Jin_Hsu ,

As discussed below are the comment :

The Peripherals for which eye diagram is asked not scope of XMC datasheet .  The phy layer for peripherials like usb , ethernet , i2c , spi will be as per RFC documentation . You can refer RFCs for more detail.

Best Regards
Pradeep.

0 Likes