Xmc4100

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hi,

Although I have some background with some MCUs (Atmel and PIC), I'm completely new to infineon products. I am building a dc-dc converter to interface a supercapacitor with a battery. Most of the components such as power MOSFTEs and gate drives are from infineon. I therfore decided to go all the way and use their XMC series MCUs as well. After searching the web I couldn't find any information related to in circuit programmers and such things. I was just hoping someone can point me in the right direction to begin. Some information on the following subject would be greatly appreciated:
1) Suggested IDE
2) Compiler
3) Programmer

Also, please keep in mind that this is a school related project and the budget is kind of limited

Thanks a lot!
0 Likes
1 Reply
Not applicable
Hi,

I would suggest you try to use DAVE IDE. It is a eclipse based IDE, so it got the same feel like other eclipse based IDE.
This IDE is developed in-house by Infineon and specially for XMC product family.
DAVE IDE includes codes generator, GNU compiler as well as debugger.
And it is FREE..
You can download it at DAVE 3 Support Portal.

As for the debugger hardware, DAVE3 support SEGGER J-link and also DAP miniWiggler.
There is a student version J-Link debugger (J-Link EDU) which might suit your needs.

If you have further question, feel free to ask.. 🙂
And if you have any issue with DAVE IDE, you can go our DAVE forum to post your question.
0 Likes