XMCx000 ClassB Problems

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hello,

I have a problems with XMCx000 ClassB libary (XMCx000 ClassB R1.1.0).
I want to apply this lib on XMC1100 and XMC4500.

First problem:
The library comes with two example projects for DAVE3: one for XMC1300 and another for XMC4500.
When I have opened projects with Dave 3.1.10, compiling failed with following errors (which occurs at several points):
"writing to APSR without specifying a bitmask is deprecated"
What can I do to solve it?

Second problem:
We want to use the library für XMC1100, there are modifications in the source code of the library
required (not only in config-File). E.g., there are problems with interrupt channels - so I have to comment out and adapt parts of the libs
source code. The first problem is still present.
We haven't experience with selftests and won't modify source code (only use API-functions), because VDE certifcate is not valid for modified code.
Are there example projects for xmc1100, whereas we can use original Infineon source code?

A lot of thanks for your help!

Best,
Torben
0 Likes
1 Reply
Not applicable
HI, Torben,

1. Changing the code from "msr APSR, r0" to "msr APSR_nzcvq, r0" will remove the warning.
This is a known limitation in the project and documented in content.txt file found in the project.

Here's the note extracted:
2 ) assembler states a warning:
* processing the files cpureg_bist_xmc4500_gcc.s and cpureg_post_xmc4500_gcc.s will
* throw an error message:
* "../classb/src/cpureg_bist_xmc4500_gcc.s:655: writing to APSR without specifying a bitmask is deprecated"
* in several locations in the assembler files are referenced by the document ARM DDI 0403D
* chapter C.1.2 "Deprecated feature of the ARMv7-M Thumb instruction set"
* Deprecated features of the instructions supported by ARMv7-M are:
* ...Use of APSR, without a _ qualifier, as an argument to the MSR instruction,
* as an alias for APSR_nzcvq.
* And can be ignored.
* Changing the code from "msr APSR, r0" to "msr APSR_nzcvq, r0" will remove the warning

2. An update for XMC1100 and XMC1200 is planned and targeted for release beginning of April.

Please contact our partner, HITEX GMBH, to support you on integrating CLASS B to your application.
The official page for the CLASS-B software download: http://www.hitex.com/index.php?id=3176

Regards,
Daryl
0 Likes