XMCFlasher cannot find the emulator

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ipek
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 10 questions asked
Hi I am using XMC1400 Bootkit. I am able to debug it bu using DAVE. Or connect to device via Seggee tools
But xmcflasher cannot see the emulator.
I am adding screeshots to show that other programs can see the emulator but xmcflasher doesnt and some configurations
5469.attach5470.attach5471.attach5472.attach
0 Likes
1 Solution
ipek
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all,

I solved the problem. If the driver is installed by another user then XMCFlasher is not able to use it. I don't understand why, other programs were all fine with this.. But installing both driver and XMCFlasher in the same windows user solved the problem. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi,

Are you able to see the device listed using Jlink commander ? Can you try ShowEmuList command on it ?

Best Regards,
Vasanth

0 Likes
ipek
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Vasanth,

One of my screenshots is from also a JLink tool which show connected emulators.

Its called SEGGER J-Link registration and as you see S/N number and everything can be seen. 

And also in an other ss, you can see that I can connect to it with J-Flash Lite. This also show that emulator is there and I normally can communicate with it.

So I think you don't have the answer but still asking questions as usual. Because my screenshots contains enough proof to show emulator is there and healthy.  

Nevertheless, I check the device list using the commander and saw my device with the same S/N number on there too

Bests,

İpek

0 Likes
Vasanth

Hi Ipek,

If I could confirm the Jlink commands are working fine in JLINK commander, I could confirm that the issue just with  the XMC flasher tool. Meanwhile if the issue just with the XMCflasher then can you kindly install latest version of XMCflasher using Infineontoolbox(https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/tools/landing/infineontoolbox.html) and see if the issue still persists ?

Best Regards,
Vasanth

0 Likes
ipek
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Vasanth,

Yes I get your intention but what I said and send in my first post already shows that jlink driver is OK. And I am alrrady using the latest version of XMCFlasher. I unistalled and reinstalled it multiple times. Things you are saying seem like stallement to me.

Bests,

İpek

0 Likes
ipek
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all,

I solved the problem. If the driver is installed by another user then XMCFlasher is not able to use it. I don't understand why, other programs were all fine with this.. But installing both driver and XMCFlasher in the same windows user solved the problem. 

0 Likes
Vasanth

Hi Ipek,

Thanks for sharing the solution with the community.

Best Regards,

Vasanth

0 Likes