Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
jeg800
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

Hello,

I'm using XMCFlasher.bat with an XMC Link to program an XMC 1403 microcontroller.  When the following command is executed to set the BMI, the program hangs and must be terminated.  The programming of the BMI is actually successful, as it can be read back correctly with the XMCFlasher GUI. 

XMCFlasher.bat -d XMC1403-0064 -setBMI UM_DEBUG_SWD0

Please let me know if and how I can provide any useful debugging information.

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Aashita_R
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @jeg800 ,

The reason why this is happening is because when we try to set BMI for the device, the device resets to set the BMI. That is when you are able to see CLI hung and no information being displayed. However, when you try to read the BMI, till then the device connection is restored back and hence, you are able to read the new BMI safely.

I hope this answers your query. Please feel free to add here in case of any further query.

Best Regards,

Aashita

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Aashita_R

Hi @jeg800 ,

From your above provided information, I am able to re-create the issue at my end. Please let me debug at my end and I will update here as soon as I find something useful.

Best Regards,

Aashita

0 Likes
Aashita_R

Hi @jeg800 ,

The reason why this is happening is because when we try to set BMI for the device, the device resets to set the BMI. That is when you are able to see CLI hung and no information being displayed. However, when you try to read the BMI, till then the device connection is restored back and hence, you are able to read the new BMI safely.

I hope this answers your query. Please feel free to add here in case of any further query.

Best Regards,

Aashita

0 Likes
Aashita_R

Hi @jeg800 ,

I am locking this thread due to inactivity for a longer period of time. Please feel free to create a new thread for any other issue. We would be happy to help.

Best Regards,

Aashita

0 Likes