XMC7200: Modifying the CM0P prebuilt image (ModusToolbox)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
jsmith678x
Level 4
Level 4
100 sign-ins 25 replies posted First solution authored

Hi,

Which is the best way to modify the prebuilt CM0P image? Also how to include it in my project?

0 Likes
1 Solution
onour
Employee
Employee
10 replies posted 25 sign-ins 5 solutions authored

Hello 

The best and correct way would be to use a multicore application and make your application for CM0P and CM7_0 and program it. 
If you really want to use the single-core application, you should first read this: https://github.com/Infineon/cat1cm0p . This explains how the prebuilt image work and you should also go into folder COMPONENT_CAT1C /COMPONENT_XMC7x_CM0P_SLEEP , this is explaining how the prebuilt application image is provided. 
(You can't find the prebuilt CM0P hex file in the project folder)

With this knowledge, I have never tried it but, you can probably replace the existing array with your own. This way, the flashed prebuilt image will be the one you put. Just be careful to replace the array corresponding to the component you are calling  (COMPONENT_XMC7x_CM0P_SLEEP or COMPONENT_XMC7xDUAL_CM0P_SLEEP).

I have never tried it, but should theoretically work. This is requering some effort and you have to be careful that the array you are putting is correct. 

So I once again recommend you use a Multicore project to avoid any issues! 

Hopefully, it was helpful.
Best regards.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
LinglingG_46
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 10 questions asked

Why do you want to modify it? 

Which application do you develop?

0 Likes
jsmith678x
Level 4
Level 4

I have a single app like TCPWM_Counter and I need a custom CMOP image.

I don't want to use Multicore_Empty_App.

0 Likes

Based on your description, I'm having a hard time understanding your question.

1. When you say a single application like TCPWM_Counter, which core (CM0+,CM7) do you want it to run?

2: When you say you need a custom CM0P image, do you mean you want a CM0+ only project?

3: What is the best way to modify a pre-made CM0P image? Also, how can I incorporate it into my project?
What is a CM0P image? Can you describe it in detail? Why do you want to include it in your project and what is your project? Are you saying that the CM0P image you are talking about and your project are two different test items?

4. I think you'd better use more sentences to describe your requirements. Because we don't know anything about your test environment.

5, For more about Modus, you can check the usage guide.

0 Likes
jsmith678x
Level 4
Level 4

A regular application (like TCPWM_Counter) linked with a prebuilt cm0p image. Now I'd like to link the app with my own cm0p image.

0 Likes
onour
Employee
Employee
10 replies posted 25 sign-ins 5 solutions authored

Hello 

The best and correct way would be to use a multicore application and make your application for CM0P and CM7_0 and program it. 
If you really want to use the single-core application, you should first read this: https://github.com/Infineon/cat1cm0p . This explains how the prebuilt image work and you should also go into folder COMPONENT_CAT1C /COMPONENT_XMC7x_CM0P_SLEEP , this is explaining how the prebuilt application image is provided. 
(You can't find the prebuilt CM0P hex file in the project folder)

With this knowledge, I have never tried it but, you can probably replace the existing array with your own. This way, the flashed prebuilt image will be the one you put. Just be careful to replace the array corresponding to the component you are calling  (COMPONENT_XMC7x_CM0P_SLEEP or COMPONENT_XMC7xDUAL_CM0P_SLEEP).

I have never tried it, but should theoretically work. This is requering some effort and you have to be careful that the array you are putting is correct. 

So I once again recommend you use a Multicore project to avoid any issues! 

Hopefully, it was helpful.
Best regards.

0 Likes