XMC4800 Pin Interrupts

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Steffen_S
Level 1
Level 1
First solution authored First reply posted 5 sign-ins

Good Morning, 

I can't get an Interrupt to work with the XMC Controller, please help me getting my head around:

The rising edge of Pin 0.9 is supposed to trigger the interrupt, please tell me where i am mistaking:

//Setting p0.9 as Input
XMC_GPIO_SetMode(XMC_GPIO_PORT0, 9,XMC_GPIO_MODE_INPUT_PULL_DOWN);

//ERU Config
XMC_ERU_ETL_CONFIG_t eruInit;
eruInit.input_b = ERU0_ETL1_INPUTB_P0_9;
eruInit.edge_detection = XMC_ERU_ETL_EDGE_DETECTION_RISING;
eruInit.enable_output_trigger = true;
eruInit.output_trigger_channel = XMC_ERU_ETL_OUTPUT_TRIGGER_CHANNEL0;

//OGU Config
XMC_ERU_OGU_CONFIG_t oguInit;
oguInit.service_request = XMC_ERU_OGU_SERVICE_REQUEST_ON_TRIGGER;

//ERU and OGU Init:
XMC_ERU_ETL_Init(ERU0_ETL1, &eruInit);
XMC_ERU_OGU_Init(ERU0_OGU0, &oguInit);

//enable Interrupt
NVIC_SetPriority(ERU0_0_IRQn,3);
NVIC_EnableIRQ(ERU0_0_IRQn);

and then my IRQ Handler:

void ERU0_0_IRQHandler(void)
{

//set breakpoint and be happy when the code arrives here

}

Do i use the right ERU, ETL, OGU? Is everything configured propperly? I read something that i have to call a Method "ClearEventStatus" in xmc4800, but i dont know what could be  a valid argument.

Thank you in advance.

Steffen

0 Likes
1 Solution
Aashita_R
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @Steffen_S ,

Could you please try including the below two parameters in addition to the ones you mentioned for configuring ERU?

eruInit.source = XMC_ERU_ETL_SOURCE_B ;
eruInit.status_flag_mode = XMC_ERU_ETL_STATUS_FLAG_MODE_HWCTRL,

You can read about these two parameters in the XMC library implementation by following these steps -> open DAVE-> Help -> XMC library implementation->  XMC 4.x.x-> Modules -> ERU -> XMC_ERU_ETL_CONFIG_t.

For the source, it is clear from your code that you desire to use input B. And for status_flag_mode, please find the details in the section 4.5(Event Request Unit) of XMC 4700 reference manual here. I am sharing the image from the reference manual below. It explains the correct choice for this parameter according to your application.

Aashita_Raj_0-1647459347936.png

You can use the API XMC_ERU_ETL_ClearStatusFlag() to clear the Flag so that the next event is considered as new event. Hope this helps.

Please let us know in case of any further query.

Best Regards,

Aashita

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Aashita_R
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @Steffen_S ,

Could you please try including the below two parameters in addition to the ones you mentioned for configuring ERU?

eruInit.source = XMC_ERU_ETL_SOURCE_B ;
eruInit.status_flag_mode = XMC_ERU_ETL_STATUS_FLAG_MODE_HWCTRL,

You can read about these two parameters in the XMC library implementation by following these steps -> open DAVE-> Help -> XMC library implementation->  XMC 4.x.x-> Modules -> ERU -> XMC_ERU_ETL_CONFIG_t.

For the source, it is clear from your code that you desire to use input B. And for status_flag_mode, please find the details in the section 4.5(Event Request Unit) of XMC 4700 reference manual here. I am sharing the image from the reference manual below. It explains the correct choice for this parameter according to your application.

Aashita_Raj_0-1647459347936.png

You can use the API XMC_ERU_ETL_ClearStatusFlag() to clear the Flag so that the next event is considered as new event. Hope this helps.

Please let us know in case of any further query.

Best Regards,

Aashita

0 Likes