XMC4800 IoT Board - Wifi ESP Example?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
gkercheck
Level 1
Level 1
First like given First reply posted 5 sign-ins

Hi,

Just bought the XMC4800 iOT Amazon FreeTOS Wifi kit.  The kit comes with a WiFi daughterboard from MikroElectronika that connects to Infineon CPU via UART.

I have downloaded a sample driver for ARM processors from the MikroElectronika website which I plan to convert into a DAVE project, and eventually IAR compiler.

In the hopes of not reinventing the wheel, does anyone else, including Infineon, have a working example of the WiFi click board interfaced to the Infineon XMC board?

rgds,

Gary

0 Likes
1 Solution
3 Replies
ncbs
500 replies posted 50 likes received 250 sign-ins

Hi @gkercheck,

Please take a look at our DAVE code examples here: https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/promopages/aim-mc/dave_downloads.html

You may use these as your starting point/ reference and build your applications.

Regards,
Nikhil

0 Likes
gkercheck
Level 1
Level 1
First like given First reply posted 5 sign-ins

Hi Nikhil,

Thank you - I've used that link many times for our Infineon RELAX dev boards.

I see no projects for the XMC4800 IoT WiFi kit in the library.  The DAVE compiler does have a project template for the board, but that's it.  Since the ESP WiFi board was packaged as a kit I was wondering if Infineon had working examples to show the UART interface in action and also how to load new images into ESP click module.   If not, I will forge ahead with the examples on libstock.mikroe.com

rgds,

Gary

0 Likes