XMC4800 External SRAM instead of the internal one

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ipek
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

Hello,

I have an XMC4800 Automation Board and I want to make it work from external ram. I saw the example project with ram test. But I want mcu to use external SDRAM automatically. So I suppose I should modify linker script but I don't know how to do it. Is there an example project with an already altered linker script?

0 Likes
2 Replies
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi Ipek,

We have a QSPI flash example https://github.com/Infineon/mtb-example-xmc-spi-qspi-flash/blob/master/README.md . What is the interface you are interfacing the SDRAM with?

Best Regards,
Vasanth

0 Likes
ipek
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

Hi Vasanth,

I am using the SDRAM that is mounted on the XMC4800 Automation Board. It is communicated trough paralel bus i think. I tried this example SDRAM Test and it worked. But I don't want to read-write to the sdram. I want my application to use this external memort instead of the internal one.  And I suspect that I should modify the linker script for this purpose. So I suppose this (problem) and mine are quite similar. And that is an unsolved one 🙂

I checked your example but I couldn't find any linked script in there. I think I need a DAVE project example. 

Bests,

İpek

0 Likes