XMC4800-E196K2048 - Thermal Data - RθJC

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
krosser
Level 1
Level 1
Distributor - Rutronik(GC)
First like given 5 questions asked 10 sign-ins

Hi, IFX

From datasheet of XMC4800-E196K2048 thermal data we can find the RθJA = 27k/W.

It seems we could not find RθJC , Could you please advise what is the value of RθJC ?

Thanks a lot for the help.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Owen_Su
250 solutions authored 500 replies posted 50 likes received

Hi, @krosser ,

Thank you for your support for Infineon products.

I checked the relevant materials, but I can't find any information about theta JC at present, I need to confirm with my colleagues whether to provide relevant information. You can refer to the following thread which will tell you why theta JC and theta JB values are not good approximations for plastic package: https://community.infineon.com/t5/Nor-Flash/S29AL008J55TFIR10/m-p/143796

Hope this can help you.

Regards,

Owen_Su

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Owen_Su

Hi, @krosser ,

Thank you for your support for Infineon products.

I checked the relevant materials, but I can't find any information about theta JC at present, I need to confirm with my colleagues whether to provide relevant information. You can refer to the following thread which will tell you why theta JC and theta JB values are not good approximations for plastic package: https://community.infineon.com/t5/Nor-Flash/S29AL008J55TFIR10/m-p/143796

Hope this can help you.

Regards,

Owen_Su

0 Likes
Owen_Su

Hi, @krosser ,

I've confirmed with my colleagues that we don't provide this RθJC of XMC4800, so you can calculate the approximate value of it according to the link above, and as I mentioned above, theta JC and theta JB values are not good approximations for plastic package. Because the large measurement error of the casing temperature, the error of RthJC also increases. Hope this can help you.

Regards,

Owen_Su

0 Likes