XMC4700 error while configuring multiple slaves in DAVE

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User22276
Level 1
Level 1
Hi,

I am trying to map 6 slaves to a single SPI master in DAVE. It gives me an error saying "DAVE is unable to grant your last hardware resources request".

I have referred to Universal Serial Interface Channel (USIC) AP3230332303 note and it clearly shows that 8 slave selects are available.

I do not want to daisy chain the slaves. Is there a certain way to configure 6 slave selects in DAVE?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Regards,
Abhijeet
0 Likes
1 Solution
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked
Hi Abhijeet,

I guess the issue is same as in this thread. https://www.infineonforums.com/threads/13113-XMC4000-Chip-Select-lines-for-SPI
Kindly check the referene manual of the device and see all the pins are routed. Also make sure that you are using the USIC blocks with all lines are routed to pins.

Best Regards,
Vasanth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Vasanth
Hi Abhijeet,

I guess the issue is same as in this thread. https://www.infineonforums.com/threads/13113-XMC4000-Chip-Select-lines-for-SPI
Kindly check the referene manual of the device and see all the pins are routed. Also make sure that you are using the USIC blocks with all lines are routed to pins.

Best Regards,
Vasanth
0 Likes
User22276
Level 1
Level 1
Thanks Vasanth for pointing to the original thread. So unless I select a specific peripheral that allows multiple chip selects, what I want can't be done.
In this case, if I don't want to use HW controlled SPI (half duplex), can I use GPIOs for chip select? I want to do the arrangement shown in the attached image. Is this possible with not using dedicated chip select pins and by using GPIO pins?
5268.attach
0 Likes
Vasanth
Hi,

You can use a GPIO to achieve the same functionality. But care must be taken in such a way that pin status follows the expected slave select line configuration.

Best Regards,
Vasanth
0 Likes