Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Brendan_Johnson
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 25 sign-ins 5 questions asked

Hi, I have got a project working with XMC4700 that does USB Host. I used the project example for the XMC4500 "XMC4500_USBH_MS_Example_V1.0" which writes files to a USB flash drive.

There isn't an APP for USB Host in DAVE 4 so the project example comes with code for USB drivers / libraries.

I also need USB device / USB Comm port, and there is an APP for this in Dave 4 .However when I try and merge the 2 projects HOST and DEVICE the driver code and librarires clash and there are hundres of duplicate define errors. It looks like it will be a "long job" trying to combine the duplicate code / defines, ive tried severval different ways.

Has anyone successfully managed to create a project with both Host and Device using Dave 4? Or can anyone point me in the right direction on the best way to merge?

many thanks

Brendan

0 Likes
13 Replies
sujatapatil
10 likes received 100 sign-ins 25 solutions authored

Hi , 

I am not sure anyone tried to merge it but i can try from my  side and update you . I would need couple of days to get back on this.

Thanks

Sujata

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi Sujata Patil,

Please find the attached project I got working from the XMC4500 example.

When I add the USB device (USB COM) into the Dave project, it creates similar USB libraries to the USB host. Merging these libraries seems quite a big task, so if you are able to do it, I will be very grateful/pleased.

Many thanks,

Brendan.

0 Likes
sujatapatil

Hi ,

Create new Dave project , and select USBD-VCOM device in app dependency tree. This will add manifest for both USB host and USB COM and you are good to go ...

Thanks

Sujata

0 Likes

Thanks Sujata,

I did already try that but the libraries in the project clashed with the Dave libraries. I also tried copying (but not overwriting) library files from the usb project into the Dave generated libraries. Are you able to get the project compiling by adding USBD-VCOM into the project I supplied? 

thanks

Brendan

Brendan

0 Likes
lock attach
sujatapatil

Hi Brendan,

I am able to build your project itself without any error . Please find snapshot attached. Dave version i am using is 4.5.0.

Thanks

Sujata

0 Likes
Brendan_Johnson
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Sujata,

have you included the DAVE APP "USBD_VCOM"?

This includes the USB librabries into the DAVE generated code.

If so, can you please send me the project?

Regards

Brendan

0 Likes
lock attach
sujatapatil

Hi ,

Please find attached zip project .  I have added USBD-VCOM libraries to your project and built successfully.

Thanks

Sujata

0 Likes
lock attach

Hi Sujata,

thanks but the USB Dave Code is missing, it looks like you didn't generate the Dave Code?

When the Dave code is generated it includes all the USB Device libraries which then clash with all the USB Host libraries.

Brendan

0 Likes
sujatapatil

Hi Brendan,

Yes , you are right . 

I am trying to merge and get rid of compiler error at my end. It might take some time as it is very messy and complicated now. 

Please allow couple of days to revert back on this.

Thanks

Sujata

0 Likes

Thanks Sujata,

yes it seems very complicated to merge very similar librairies (USB DEVICE and HOST), I've tried various ways.

Hopefully you can solve it 🙂

Brendan

0 Likes
Brendan_Johnson
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Sujata, just wondered if you are making any progress with this?

thanks Brendan

0 Likes
sujatapatil

Hi Brendan,

I haven't got success till now  . Will keep you posted .

Thanks

Sujata

0 Likes
sujatapatil

Hi ,

Thread was locked due to inactivity for long time, you can continue the discussion on the topic by opening a new thread with reference to the locked one. The continuous discussion in an inactive thread may mostly be unattended by community users.

Thanks

0 Likes