XMC4700 UART INT

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
user8710
Level 3
Level 3
5 questions asked 50 sign-ins 10 replies posted

Hello, 

um, I need help.

I want to be able to send data from the Docklight via the UART and store this value in a pointer but I can't get any results like the examples I found. I was able to send to the Docklight via UART_Transmit() but I can't receive anything, not even with  interrupts.

I'm trying to implement the examples I found about UART interrupts in the following links:

Example UART INT in youtube  and Hello World UART INT example 
But I can't get any interrupts as shown in the examples. Am I missing something that is not shown in the exemples or Is there any new resources that is working?

0 Likes
1 Solution
user8710
Level 3
Level 3
0 Likes
7 Replies
user8710
Level 3
Level 3

Hello?????

0 Likes
Aashita_R
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @user8710 ,

You can refer one such code example XMC MCU: UART Transmit Receive FIFO Interrupts here This code example demonstrates how to use the Tx and Rx FIFO limit interrupts and send data from the Tx buffer to the Rx buffer. Also, in case you want to refer basic DAVE code examples on UART, please follow this for the basic UART transmit and receive functionality.

Best Regards,

Aashita

0 Likes
user8710
Level 3
Level 3

Hello @Aashita_R

I saw and tried those examples but still can't receive any information through the Receiver Pin even though I can see the frame with a logic analyser or oscilloscope as I mentioned in this post UART-Can-t-RX-values-XMC4.

0 Likes
Aashita_R
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @user8710 ,

To avoid any further confusion, I am locking this particular thread. I see that you have created another related thread here :  Re: UART Can't RX values XMC4 - Infineon Developer Community  . We shall keep the discussion going there. Please post your responses there.

Best Regards,

Aashita

0 Likes
user8710
Level 3
Level 3

@Aashita_R HELP????

0 Likes
user8710
Level 3
Level 3