XMC4700 Ortiga Trust M

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MAI_Freddy
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Hello,

I am currently having trouble with the initialization of the Ortiga Trust M chip in order to use TLS. I am currently trying to establish an HTTPS connection using the EVAL_XMC47_PREDMAIN_AA, but I get an interrupt when the board tries to open an "application" on the Ortiga Trust M. What has to be initialized and setup before trying to initialize the chip?

There is code that currently initializes the i2c interface as well as the reset pin for the chip.

Thanks,

Freddy

0 Likes
8 Replies
Karishma_S
50 solutions authored First comment on blog 250 sign-ins

Hi @MAI_Freddy

Can you please describe or share an image of the interrupt you get when open application function is called?

Regards,

Karishma

0 Likes

Hello @Karishma_S,

Since I am using FreeRTOS in the project, it shows the interrupt number (ulCurrentInterrupt) to be 109 with a priority of 248 while the ucMaxSysCallPriority is 252. This causes it to hang at the assert statement in the FreeRTOS port.c file. As a side note, the XMC4700.h file lists the interrupts, but skips 109.

MAI_Freddy_0-1666715456178.png

Regards,

Freddy

0 Likes

Hi @MAI_Freddy,

Interrupt 109 corresponds to EtherCAT (as mentioned in reference manual). XMC4700 natively doesn't support EtherCAT (hence not defined in code), whereas XMC4800 does. Can you please confirm if you're using XMC4700 or XMC4800?

If you're using XMC4700, this interrupt should not be hit. And for XMC4800, if you're using EtherCAT, then you have to define the interrupt and perform EtherCAT activities there, else when you're not using EtherCAT, the interrupt handler should not be hit.

Also, the handler for this interrupt would be ECAT0_0_IRQHandler. Please check if this is defined in your code. If yes, then disable it when using XMC4700 (as XMC4700 does not support EtherCAT).

Regards,

Karishma

0 Likes

I don't seem to find anything in the code that would suggest that the ECAT0_0_IRQHandler would be used. The board i am using is the XMC4700. The interrupt is occurring between the OPTIGA_CMD_EXEC_COMMS_OPEN_START and the OPTIGA_CMD_EXEC_COMMS_OPEN_DONE state during the initialization of the Ortiga chip.

0 Likes

Hi @MAI_Freddy ,

Can you please share more details about the hardware setup and configuration changes if possible?

And are you using any public code example? If yes, then please provide the link.

0 Likes

Hello @Karishma_S,

So we are using the https://github.com/Infineon/pred-main-xmc4700-kit example as the base. There have been some changes in how we initialize some of the XENSIV sensors connected to the extension board since we are using ModusToolbox. Current satellite boards connected are the:

• GPIO Satellite Board (Hall Sensor Board 1, 2, 3)
  • Analog Satellite Board (Analog Extension Board 1, 2)
  • I2C Satellite Board (I2C Extension Board 1, 2)
  • I2S Satellite Board (IM69D130 Sensor Board)

Main configuration through the device configurator is for the GPIO pins, UART(for terminal output). Most of the code isn't running right now because the error occurs in the beginning when trying to call the function vGetOptigaCertificate in the FreeRTOS startup hook.

Before the scheduler starts, I initialize the I2C interface used by the pressure and temp sensors.

MAI_Freddy_0-1668031451703.pngMAI_Freddy_1-1668031563897.png

0 Likes

Sorry for the late reply. Could you please check if the pal_os_event_trigger_registered_callback() function is triggered or called by any other function. Please ensure that this function is executed precisely in the code. The reason why it hangs is mostly the incorrect implementation of pal_os_event, the callback mechanism has to be precise.

0 Likes
Karishma_S
50 solutions authored First comment on blog 250 sign-ins

Please let us know if your query is resolved.

We will wait for 3 days and then lock this thread. In case your problem is not resolved, please create a new thread and we will be happy to help. 

0 Likes