XMC4400 MuiltCAN TX message object configuration for response to remote

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
WeiF
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 5 questions asked

Hi folks,

I am working with XMC4400 plat2go dev board on the CAN communications. Right now, specifically I am trying to implement the usecase of receiving a remote frame from external, and repsonse with a cooresponding data frame as requested. 

From the MultiCAN application Note https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-MultiCAN-XMC4000-AP32300-AN-v01_00-EN.pdf?fileId=5546d4624e76...  in section 2.3.3 Software control of message transfer, what I read is the TX message object can do remote frames' reception and reponsing automatically as long as having a matching id with the remote frame: (quote below)

"Table 2 lists the maximum number of m essage objects in XMC4000 derivatives and the message objects
which can be set up for transmit or receive operation according to the selected value for control bit DIR.
 TX message object (DIR=1); Set for data frames’ transmission and for remote frames’ reception.
 RX message object (DIR=0); Set for data frames’ reception and for remote frames’ transmission.
Note: To enable CAN (data or remote) frame reception, bit RXEN must be set. For example, if RXEN=’0’ in a TX
message object (DIR=’1’) then a remote frame from CAN bus can not be restored in this object.
Software handling of a transmit message objct
Figure 10 demonstrates the software handling of a transmit (TX) message object (DIR=’1’).
If automatic handling is requested, bit TXEN0 must be initialized with ‘1’.
Together with TXEN1=1, the data transmission is started when flag TXRQ has been set by the hardware
because a received remote frame has a matching identifier."

My understanding is need to set the RXEN = 1 and TXEN0 = 1 for the TX message object to enable its remote-frame-reception and data-transmission. While I haven't seen an clear walkthrough or an example scripts on this. 

Appreciate if can shed some light on this.

Regards,

Wei

0 Likes
1 Solution
Aashita_R
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @WeiF ,

I tried going through your attached resources as mentioned in the link for XMC 4000 MultiCAN app note. As per the flowchart, I can say yes your understanding is correct. RXEN and TXEN0 needs to be set for the automatic handling of TX message objects.

Best Regards,

Aashita

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Aashita_R
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @WeiF ,

I tried going through your attached resources as mentioned in the link for XMC 4000 MultiCAN app note. As per the flowchart, I can say yes your understanding is correct. RXEN and TXEN0 needs to be set for the automatic handling of TX message objects.

Best Regards,

Aashita

0 Likes