XMC4400 - HRPWM keep output and inverted output low until start

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hello,

I am working with Dave4 IDE on a XMC 4400. I am currently using 2 HRPWM (configured with DAVE APPs). Both have an output and an inverted output. One HRPWM is triggering the other.
During initialization the inverted pins are pulled high until I start the HRPWM then it keeps toggeling. The pins stay high if I stop the HRPWM.

How to realize the following:
1. on Startup all Pins should be 0 until HRPWM_Start(..)
2. after HRPWM_Start(..) both HRPWM, they should not start phase shifted
3. How to pull all output pins low by stopping the HRPWMs

Regards
KM
0 Likes
3 Replies
Not applicable
At startup can you use pull down resistors on each output? At startup the pins are high impedance inputs until your code tells them otherwise. Pull down resistors should pull down the voltage until your code says otherwise.

Steve.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Oh, and when stopping the HRPWM, can you change the pins to simple digital outputs and place zeroes at each digital output?

Steve.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hello Steve,

there are already pull downs. The problem is, that whil initialization of HRPWM the inverted pin is pulled to high while the other stays low. This stays that way until I start the HRPWM.

I already tried to change the pins to digital IO when stopping. But when I want to start again I have to initialize the HRPWM again and run into the same problem I described before.

Maybe I could work directly with the xmc lib, stop using DAVE APPs, but there is no example code helping me.

Regards
0 Likes