XMC4300 relax kit, HIB Button

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
joaomps3
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked First like given

Hello, 

I'm trying to use the buttons available on the board. Button1 I can use with the help of DAVE APPS no problem. But BUTTON2, referred as HIB1, i can't use. I can't assign him to a digital I/O. I've been trying to understand how to use it without DAVE APPS but with no success. I want to now when the butto is being pressed, basically the the same functionality as 

DIGITAL_IO_GetInput (const DIGITAL_IO_t *const handler)
Can anyone help?

Thank you, 
João  Martins.
0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Alakananda_BG
50 likes received 250 sign-ins 250 replies posted

Hi @joaomps3 ,

Basically there are two pins - HIB_IO_0 and HIB_IO_1 and there are 2 use cases of these pins which are explained below.

Case 1:The HIB_IO_0 pad is configured as open drain low and HIB_IO_1 as input after reset.
This configuration enables use of low-enabled external voltage regulator as depicted in the Figure 1. In case of high-active external voltage regulator and battery presence the pins may be swapped to ensure reliable startup of the system start up of the system from the moment a valid VBAT voltage is applied (additional external pull-up required on HIB_IO_1).

Alakananda_BG_0-1646113412683.png

Figure 1 -System Level Power Control example - externally controlled with two pins

Case 2 :In case of application cases with only one hibernate control pin available for external power control, it is possible to use the same pin for control of the External Voltage Regulator and for an external wake-up trigger signal. The example setup is shown in Figure 2, where HIB_IO_0 pin is by default configured to open-drain mode.

Alakananda_BG_1-1646113572018.png

Figure 2 - System Level Power Control example - externally controlled with single pin

There is a XMC Lib code examples which shows how to use HIB_IO_1 pin.

I have attached the XMC Lib code examples below for your reference.

Regards,

Alakananda

View solution in original post

2 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Alakananda_BG
50 likes received 250 sign-ins 250 replies posted

Hi @joaomps3 ,

Basically there are two pins - HIB_IO_0 and HIB_IO_1 and there are 2 use cases of these pins which are explained below.

Case 1:The HIB_IO_0 pad is configured as open drain low and HIB_IO_1 as input after reset.
This configuration enables use of low-enabled external voltage regulator as depicted in the Figure 1. In case of high-active external voltage regulator and battery presence the pins may be swapped to ensure reliable startup of the system start up of the system from the moment a valid VBAT voltage is applied (additional external pull-up required on HIB_IO_1).

Alakananda_BG_0-1646113412683.png

Figure 1 -System Level Power Control example - externally controlled with two pins

Case 2 :In case of application cases with only one hibernate control pin available for external power control, it is possible to use the same pin for control of the External Voltage Regulator and for an external wake-up trigger signal. The example setup is shown in Figure 2, where HIB_IO_0 pin is by default configured to open-drain mode.

Alakananda_BG_1-1646113572018.png

Figure 2 - System Level Power Control example - externally controlled with single pin

There is a XMC Lib code examples which shows how to use HIB_IO_1 pin.

I have attached the XMC Lib code examples below for your reference.

Regards,

Alakananda

Thank you!! I couldn't find anything! 

Best regards,

João Martins

0 Likes