XMC4300 PHY selection and pow consumption issue

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
William_Zion
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 5 questions asked 10 sign-ins

Dear support team,

Kind need you help to answer below two questons,thanks!

1. My xmc4300 work in 144Mhz frequence and need EtherCat communication, now xmc4300 work current about 130mA, if  i need to reduce the XMC4300 work power consumption, except for reduce main frequence,could you have  other advice?

2.  In my product, i have uesd  two Ti DP83848 PHY  to work with XMC4300. The two PHY work current about 160~170mA,If i need to select a low power PYH for XMC4300,  Does the Ti DP83826I  can compatibility? or could you help to recommend low power PYH part number? 

selection.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
ncbs
500 replies posted 50 likes received 250 sign-ins

Hi @William_Zion ,

We do not recommend any particular PHYs for low power consumption. However, you may focus on PHYs compatible with ET1100 to narrow down your choices. Please approach Beckhoff for further assistance.

Regards,
Nikhil

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
ncbs

Hi @William_Zion ,

We do not recommend any particular PHYs for low power consumption. However, you may focus on PHYs compatible with ET1100 to narrow down your choices. Please approach Beckhoff for further assistance.

Regards,
Nikhil

0 Likes

hi Nikhil,

Thanks for your answer.  About the first question,could you have any advice?

1. My xmc4300 work in 144Mhz frequence and need EtherCat communication, now xmc4300 work current about 130mA, if  i need to reduce the XMC4300 work power consumption, except for reduce main frequence,could you have  other advice?

0 Likes
ncbs

Hi @William_Zion,

Unfortunately, there is no lower power implementation for EtherCAT.

regards,
Nikhil

0 Likes