XMC4200 programming ok but nothing works, why?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User14295
Level 1
Level 1
Hello,

I prepared a custom board with XMC4200. I am trying to program the device with XMC-Link 8-pin connector on SWD (TCK,TMS,TX,RX). With XMC Flasher tool programming and verification ok, but nothing comes to the digital IOs, PWMs... etc. Also can't see anything running with micrium.
Maybe the device is in sleep mode? Ports pin is pulled up 3.3V with 22k, rtc xtal1-2 & hib_io_0 pins are open.

Any ideas?
0 Likes
5 Replies
User16410
Level 1
Level 1
If you dont run the processor using an external crystal you need to set up the xmc4200 to run from the internal oscillator. Please have a look at the DAVE clock-control app. You can run everything except the USB using the internal oscillator.
0 Likes
User14295
Level 1
Level 1
I have 12MHz crystal on the xtal pins, RTC supplied by internal slow oscillator. But I configured the external clock pin. For Main PLL 24MHz and for RTC 32.7kHz exist. This is the first time I see a response from the microcontroller. Although I normally expect 80MHz for the main PLL at least now I am sure that I can flash and load a program to the microcontroller, thank you for that.
However, still can't do anything else with the uC. Still suspicious about some kind of a sleep mode.
0 Likes
User10696
Level 4
Level 4
First solution authored
Is the boot mode set correctly? A pullup on the TMS pin is required to set the boot mode to the internal Flash, as far as I know. I only have experience with the XMC4500, but I image the XMC4200 is the same. See shte chapter "Startup Modes" in the reference manual.
0 Likes
User14295
Level 1
Level 1
Thank you amanning, I am checking it, maybe that could be the problem.
0 Likes
User14295
Level 1
Level 1
Hello, I solved the problem it was the crystal. I was not getting the correct oscillator freq with the external oscillator configuration, that was the clue. Many thanks.
0 Likes