Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Hithesh
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 questions asked 5 sign-ins

Hi team,

We need a information about crystal.

We need to give an external crystal oscillator. But In datasheet we got to know that it will support maximum 20MHz only. Is there any way to assign 48MHZ as per our requirement. If it possible, Please provide any reference document.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Aashita_R
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @Hithesh ,

I wanted to understand your requirement here. Do you want to generate system clock of 48 MHz? As explained through the below image of clock architecture taken from XMC 4100 reference manual -

Aashita_Raj_0-1674445586656.png

The system clock fsys drives the CPU clock and all peripheral modules. Also, I found the below table for the valid values of clock divide registers for fccu , fcpu and fperiph clocks to generate the corresponding values of the clock frequency -

Aashita_Raj_1-1674445761170.png

The CPU clock fcpu may be equal to or a half of the system clock fsys.  You can find this information under section "Clock System Architecture" in the XMC 4100 reference manual. Can you please go through it once and explain what is your requirement so that I may be able to help you with?

Best Regards,

Aashita

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Aashita_R
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @Hithesh ,

I wanted to understand your requirement here. Do you want to generate system clock of 48 MHz? As explained through the below image of clock architecture taken from XMC 4100 reference manual -

Aashita_Raj_0-1674445586656.png

The system clock fsys drives the CPU clock and all peripheral modules. Also, I found the below table for the valid values of clock divide registers for fccu , fcpu and fperiph clocks to generate the corresponding values of the clock frequency -

Aashita_Raj_1-1674445761170.png

The CPU clock fcpu may be equal to or a half of the system clock fsys.  You can find this information under section "Clock System Architecture" in the XMC 4100 reference manual. Can you please go through it once and explain what is your requirement so that I may be able to help you with?

Best Regards,

Aashita

0 Likes