XMC4 EEPROM Emulation Flash Usage

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
funkyluke
Level 2
Level 2
5 sign-ins First like received 10 replies posted

Hello Community,

I am using the E_EEPROM APP in Dave and also want to use EEPROM Emulation in my XMCLIB based project.

After going over the documentation of the app and the RM, I am still not sure how it is ensured that the flash used is exclusive to the E_EEPROM APP.

The App help says
"The linker scripts is automatically modified by the APP, separating the EEPROM area and the user code area."
However, I can not see this looking at the ld file - am I missing something? How can the linker tell that it has to avoid PS4 for code?

Regards,
Lukas

0 Likes
1 Solution
funkyluke
Level 2
Level 2

OK nevermind, I overlooked something. 

When the EEPROM APP is used, the Flash is split into FLASH0 and FLASH1 in the linkerfile (normally only FLASH1, 256k). 

FLASH0 is Sector PS0 (64k) and FLASH1 is sector S8 (128k) in between those two is a gap where Sector PS4 would be (64k) - this is used by the APP to emulate the EEP. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
funkyluke
Level 2
Level 2

OK nevermind, I overlooked something. 

When the EEPROM APP is used, the Flash is split into FLASH0 and FLASH1 in the linkerfile (normally only FLASH1, 256k). 

FLASH0 is Sector PS0 (64k) and FLASH1 is sector S8 (128k) in between those two is a gap where Sector PS4 would be (64k) - this is used by the APP to emulate the EEP.