XMC2Go Kit Compatibility with LoraWAN Libraries in Arduino IDE

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
IronWaffle
Level 2
Level 2
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 sign-ins

Good day!

I would like to ask if there are LoraWAN Libraries in Arduino IDE that is compatible with the XMC2Go?

I am attempting to transmit data via LoraWAN to the TTN using a RFM95W Lora Module connected to the XMC2Go. I have tried a few libraries to see if they are potentially compatible with the XMC2Go, however to no avail.

The following libraries that did not work in my testing:

- Beelan-LoraWAN
- RadioLib
- MKRWAN v1 and v2

If there are currently no compatible libraries available, I would appreciate help on how to modify existing libraries to be compatible with the XMC2Go.

Thank you very much!

0 Likes
1 Solution
sujatapatil
250 replies posted 50 solutions authored 10 likes received

Hi @IronWaffle ,

I would recommend RadioLib as it has already support for non Arduino  devices. Please go through example code on how to add support for RadioLib on Rasberry and pico platform. 

https://github.com/jgromes/RadioLib/tree/master/examples/NonArduino

You need to create hal abstaction layer for xmc SPI , take reference of PiHal.h defined Rasberry. You can add code from main.cpp almost as it into XMC main.c and you are ready to go.

Thanks

Sujata

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
sujatapatil

Hello @IronWaffle ,

The above mentioned libraries are not yet  tested on XMC platform , but these libraries/stack can be easily integrated to xmc platform . 

Please provide your interface schematic of RFM95W .Also provide your integrated software  with XMC 2GO .

Thanks

Sujata

0 Likes

Hello!

Here is the interface schematic of the RFM95W I am using:
https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-rfm69hcw-and-rfm96-rfm95-rfm98-lora-packet-padio-breakouts/downl...

I am using the integrated software: Arduino IDE 2.2.1 with the XMC2Go.

0 Likes
sujatapatil

Hello @IronWaffle ,

I am going through above mentioned libraries. Have you written any abstraction layer which interface to both XMC SPI and GPIO control to above libraries?

Also i would appreciate if i get your business requirement , i can decide resource and bandwidth for this project . 

Thanks

Sujata

0 Likes

Hello!

Apologies for the late reply. I have not yet written the abstraction layer. I will look into the process of writing one. Which Library would you recommend for me to write the abstraction layer on?

As for the requirements, we are planning on operating as a Class A device at 915 MHz with OTAA. We will also interface the XMC2Go with a S2Go Pressure DPS310. The pressure and temperature data gathered from the DPS310 will then be sent via LoraWAN. 

Thank you, I really appreciate the help!

0 Likes
sujatapatil

Hi @IronWaffle ,

I would recommend RadioLib as it has already support for non Arduino  devices. Please go through example code on how to add support for RadioLib on Rasberry and pico platform. 

https://github.com/jgromes/RadioLib/tree/master/examples/NonArduino

You need to create hal abstaction layer for xmc SPI , take reference of PiHal.h defined Rasberry. You can add code from main.cpp almost as it into XMC main.c and you are ready to go.

Thanks

Sujata

0 Likes
IronWaffle
Level 2
Level 2
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 sign-ins

Hello!

I will try it out. I will update this discussion when I make progress on this. 

Thank you very much for your guidance!

0 Likes
sujatapatil

Hi @IronWaffle ,

Please open new thread if you need any help porting RadioLib library or to address new  issues you are facing .

Thanks

Sujata

0 Likes

Hello!

I have written an abstraction layer for the XMC but I am running into an issue when compiling the code. I will make a new thread for this.

Thank you for your help! 🙂

0 Likes