XMC1400 External Oscillator Connection Pin and Reset Pins and Programming Pins

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Designer_
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First question asked Welcome!

Dear Infineon Team

We are very new to XMC based MCUs and are really confused in following things

We have selected the part  XMC1403Q040X0200AAXUMA1 (VQFN-40) for one of our legacy products

1. Reset pin: No reset pins are provided in the Pin description section. Currently we chose P0.3 as reset pin, Please let us know the choice is appropriate.

2. External Oscillator(48MHz) is used and connected to P0.10 pin, is it the right pin?

3. Which pins could be used to program/debug the IC? 

4. Which are the PWM output pins that we can use independently?

Please help me to sort these things as I am not getting any articles related to the same. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Owen_Su
250 solutions authored 500 replies posted 50 likes received

Hi, @Designer_ ,

1) There is no external hardware reset pin on the board, so you need to forcing a system reset through loop or some other method could result in unable to connect to the device making the device unusable. You can refer to this thread: https://community.infineon.com/t5/XMC/How-to-keep-XMC1402-in-reset-state-with-a-pin/td-p/367484

2) When using an external clock signal it must be connected to XTAL1. XTAL2 is left open i.e. unconnected.

Owen_Su_0-1666773452053.png

3) The pins in the red circle can be used for program and debug IC.

Owen_Su_1-1666773520281.png

4) XMC series use CCU4/CCU8 peripheral to generate PWM, so you can check the data sheet to find out which pins can be used for this function.

Owen_Su_2-1666774333085.png

Hope this can help you.

Regards,

Owen_Su

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Owen_Su

Hi, @Designer_ ,

1) There is no external hardware reset pin on the board, so you need to forcing a system reset through loop or some other method could result in unable to connect to the device making the device unusable. You can refer to this thread: https://community.infineon.com/t5/XMC/How-to-keep-XMC1402-in-reset-state-with-a-pin/td-p/367484

2) When using an external clock signal it must be connected to XTAL1. XTAL2 is left open i.e. unconnected.

Owen_Su_0-1666773452053.png

3) The pins in the red circle can be used for program and debug IC.

Owen_Su_1-1666773520281.png

4) XMC series use CCU4/CCU8 peripheral to generate PWM, so you can check the data sheet to find out which pins can be used for this function.

Owen_Su_2-1666774333085.png

Hope this can help you.

Regards,

Owen_Su

0 Likes
Owen_Su

This thread will be closed due to long time no reply, if you have another question, you can create a new one. Thanks for your understanding.

0 Likes