Announcements

Help us improve the Power & Sensing Selection Guide. Share feedback

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
eidetech
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hi

I have downloaded the XMC flasher tool, and when I opened it and tried to connect for the first time I was prompted that there was a new version of the firmware, so I clicked install. But I think somewhere in the installation process it failed, so now the XMC1300 wont connect anymore. I have tried to connect to it using Memtool, but without success.

I have selected device name as 1302-200 (as stated on the chip) and I have selected the connected emulator.

The error log in the XMC flasher is:

INFO-com.infineon.XMCFlasher.MainAppController-main: Logger Name: com.infineon.XMCFlasher.MainAppController
INFO-com.infineon.XMCFlasher.SeggerLibLoad-configureLoad: Not Found property: xmcFlasher.JLink.dllPath Searching in registry key
INFO-com.infineon.XMCFlasher.SeggerLibLoad-configureLoad: Setting property: bridj.JLinkARM.library to: C:\Program Files\SEGGER\JLink_V796e\JLinkARM.dll
INFO-com.infineon.XMCFlasher.SeggerLibLoad-configureLoad: Not Found property: xmcFlasher.JLink.dllPath Searching in registry key
INFO-com.infineon.XMCFlasher.SeggerLibLoad-configureLoad: Setting property: bridj.JLinkARM.library to: C:\Program Files\SEGGER\JLink_V796e\JLinkARM.dll
INFO-com.infineon.XMCFlasher.SeggerDLL-checkAvailabilityAndLoad:  Loaded JLink DLL 7.96.e
INFO-com.infineon.XMCFlasher.MainAppController-start: Starting Application in process ... 
INFO-com.infineon.XMCFlasher.view.RootLayoutOverviewController-handleChangeDeviceName: Setting Device Name configurations
INFO-com.infineon.XMCFlasher.view.RootLayoutOverviewController-handleChangeEmulator: Setting Device Name configurations
SEVERE-com.infineon.XMCFlasher.ErrorLogCallBack-apply: Communication timed out: Requested 8 bytes, received 0 bytes !
WARNING-com.infineon.XMCFlasher.view.RootLayoutOverviewController-handleConnect: com.infineon.XMCFlasher.DebuggerExceptions: Error get BMI value
INFO-com.infineon.XMCFlasher.view.RootLayoutOverviewController-handleChangeDeviceName: Setting Device Name configurations

What can I do to re-flash it?

I have attached an image of XMC flasher

0 Likes
1 Solution
Pradeep_PN
50 likes received 250 sign-ins 100 solutions authored

Hi @eidetech ,

Is the Power Indicating LED is " ON " on the board ? That is LED 101 is on or not ?

If the LED is not on then you need to power the MCU either with power board or through the debug connector X204.

Supply the 5V and GND through the Pin 6 and Pin 4 on the connecter X204 and then try again to connect through XMC Flasher.

Refer to the below link for further information on the board.

Link : https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Board_Users_Manual_DriveCard_XMC1300_R1.0.pdf?fileId=db3a3043427ac3e20...

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any further queries.

Best Regards
Pradeep.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Pradeep_PN
50 likes received 250 sign-ins 100 solutions authored

Hi @eidetech ,

Is the Power Indicating LED is " ON " on the board ? That is LED 101 is on or not ?

If the LED is not on then you need to power the MCU either with power board or through the debug connector X204.

Supply the 5V and GND through the Pin 6 and Pin 4 on the connecter X204 and then try again to connect through XMC Flasher.

Refer to the below link for further information on the board.

Link : https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Board_Users_Manual_DriveCard_XMC1300_R1.0.pdf?fileId=db3a3043427ac3e20...

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any further queries.

Best Regards
Pradeep.

0 Likes