XMC1100 ICSP

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
gio
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hi all,

I'm new with Infinenon MCU's. I would make a custom board with only 6 PIN ICSP connector on board to flash the onboard XMC1100 MCU in production. I would like to ask which programmer do i need to flash a fresh new XMC1100 microcontroller through 6PIN SPI ICSPand also electrical connection scheme between the programmer and ICSP connector.

Thank you

0 Likes
1 Solution
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi,

XMC does not support 6PIN SPI ICSP. If you want there are options for SPI bootloading. Kindly check this appnote for that.

For the tools that can be used kindly check this presentation. All the programmers with ISP (In system programming) will be useful here.

Now ASCBSL mode in XMC is helpful in bootloading the device which is used for in-system programming for XMC. You need a host tool for that. You can check this appnote and source-code.

Best Regards,
Vasanth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Vasanth

Hi,

XMC does not support 6PIN SPI ICSP. If you want there are options for SPI bootloading. Kindly check this appnote for that.

For the tools that can be used kindly check this presentation. All the programmers with ISP (In system programming) will be useful here.

Now ASCBSL mode in XMC is helpful in bootloading the device which is used for in-system programming for XMC. You need a host tool for that. You can check this appnote and source-code.

Best Regards,
Vasanth

0 Likes
gio
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Ok, thank you, i will check. Generally speaking, which is the most used and easy way to flash xmc1100 in production boards? 

0 Likes
Vasanth

Hi,

We do not particularly promote any of the production programmers. The best way to identify the programmer is to compare against your requirements. One point to add here is that the new XMC devices you purchase are by default are in ASCBSL mode. So make sure that your programmer supports that.

Best Regards,
Vasanth 

0 Likes