XMC family and J-Link

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
wph1995
Level 4
Level 4
100 sign-ins First like received 25 replies posted

Hello

I want to use the XMC family of microcontrollers (xmc1000 and xmc4000) but I only have J-Link BASE and J-Link EDU Mini programmer, I have two questions.

- Can I use any of these two programmers with the XMC family? -

Where can I find the programming pins of these microcontrollers?

Thanks for the help

0 Likes
1 Solution
Owen_Su
250 solutions authored 500 replies posted 50 likes received

Hi, @wph1995 ,

The emulators of XMC MCU mainly include j-link and DAP miniwiddler. The development kits provided by Infineon generally integrate j-link.  In addition, Infineon also has its own developed j-link (XMC-Link), and the standard Segger J-link can also be used for the boards made by customers themselves. You can find the introduction of development tools in this website: XMC-development tool . And here (J-Link)  shows you about the J-link Base and J-link EDU in details, so you can use one of your programmers. 

Owen_Su_0-1660529729749.png

Owen_Su_1-1660529758761.png

You can also find the data sheet and user manual in the link above, the documents can show you the programming pins of the MCU.  Hope this can help you.

Owen_Su_2-1660530237509.png

Regards,

Owen_Su

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Owen_Su
250 solutions authored 500 replies posted 50 likes received

Hi, @wph1995 ,

The emulators of XMC MCU mainly include j-link and DAP miniwiddler. The development kits provided by Infineon generally integrate j-link.  In addition, Infineon also has its own developed j-link (XMC-Link), and the standard Segger J-link can also be used for the boards made by customers themselves. You can find the introduction of development tools in this website: XMC-development tool . And here (J-Link)  shows you about the J-link Base and J-link EDU in details, so you can use one of your programmers. 

Owen_Su_0-1660529729749.png

Owen_Su_1-1660529758761.png

You can also find the data sheet and user manual in the link above, the documents can show you the programming pins of the MCU.  Hope this can help you.

Owen_Su_2-1660530237509.png

Regards,

Owen_Su

0 Likes