XMC SD Card Interface

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hi,

I' using the xmc SD card interface to read and write to an SD card. I have some problems with the block transfers from and to the card.

I send the command WriteSingleBlock (CMD24) or WriteMultipleBlocks (CMD24). Than I wait on CMD_COMPLETE flag in INT_STATUS_NORM Register.
After this I get the command response and wait on the BUFFER_WRITE_READY Flag in in INT_STATUS_NORM Register. But this never goes signaled.
When I use the WRITE_TRANSFER_ACTIVE Flag of the PRESENT_STATE Register it is running because this is signaled and the WRITE_READY not.

I enabled BUFFER_WRITE_READY in the EN_INT_STATUS_NORM Register but it is never working.
I looked also in the Dave FATFS example they use also the BUFFER_WRITE_READY like I.

What is the mistake?

regards
0 Likes
4 Replies
Travis
Employee
Employee
First solution authored Welcome! 500 replies posted
Hi,

Currently DAVE4 had got an app for SD card and I had tested this to be working good. Please give this a try.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Travis,

I looked in the app and the app is doing it in the same way I want to do.

I can read now. this mean the signal BUFFER_READ_READY becomes signaled.

But the write signal BUFFER_WRITE_READY didn't got signaled. But in the PRESENT_STATE register it is set 0x0506 (the 5 means BUFFER_WRITE_ENABLE and WRITE_TRANSFER_ACTIVE).
And if I use this BUFFER_WRITE_ENABLE for writing to the FIFO it works.

regards
0 Likes
Not applicable
[HTML]
eStatus = SDCard_SendCommand(XMC_SDMMC, tCmd, u32Arg, XMC_SDMMC_RESPONSE_TYPE_R1, &u32Temp);

// Read/write block data
while ((ESDS_SUCCESS == eStatus) && (u32BlockCount > 0U))
{
eStatus = SDCARD_WaitForEvents(pSDMMC, XMC_SDMMC_BUFFER_READ_READY | XMC_SDMMC_BUFFER_WRITE_READY | SDMMC_DATA_ERROR_EVENT);
//while (!((SDMMC_PRESENT_STATE_BUFFER_READ_ENABLE_Msk | SDMMC_PRESENT_STATE_BUFFER_WRITE_ENABLE_Msk) & XMC_SDMMC_GetPresentState(pSDMMC).b32));

if (ESDS_SUCCESS == eStatus)
{
for (u32Temp = 0; u32Temp < u16BlockSize>>2; u32Temp++)
{
if (XMC_SDMMC_DATA_TRANSFER_HOST_TO_CARD == eIsCardToHostDirection)
XMC_SDMMC_WriteFIFO(XMC_SDMMC, pu32Data);
else *pu32Data = XMC_SDMMC_ReadFIFO(XMC_SDMMC);

pu32Data++;
}
u32BlockCount--;
}
}
[/HTML]

If I use the while loop with the get present state register it reading and working works fine.

If I use WaitForEvents it hangs in my while loop if I do a write transfer. The read transfer is successful running.

[HTML]
do
{
u32Register = (((TUINT32)pSDMMC->INT_STATUS_ERR) << 16) | pSDMMC->INT_STATUS_NORM;
u32Temp |= u32Register;
u32Register &= u32Events;
}
while (!u32Register);

XMC_SDMMC_ClearEvent(pSDMMC, u32Register);
[/HTML]
0 Likes
Not applicable
I found the problem maybe this is a xmc4500 bug

The Bit BUFFER_WRITE_READY is set but if I clear the bit TX_COMPLETE the BUFFER_WRITE_READY bit is also cleared. But in the reference manual is written that every bit is cleared by writing 1 to this bit an not that the writing 1 to bit TX_COMPLETE clears also WRITE_READY

regards
0 Likes