XMC Flasher Java Exception

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
CHubbard
Level 1
Level 1
First like received First solution authored First reply posted

I have downloaded all required software for the XMC Flasher (Java JRE 18.0.2) as well as Segger JLink but when I attempt to run the XMC Flasher from both the developer center, as well as the file installation location I am receiving a Java Exception. I have attempted to run this from windows powershell as well and I also receive an  error of: Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javafx/application/Application.

I'm not exactly sure what to do at this point, so any help will be appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution
CHubbard
Level 1
Level 1

Yes I did have Java installed on the system, I did figure out how to fix the problem though. Even though I was using the most up to date JRE, I uninstalled it and installed the minimum required version of Java which it states as JRE 1.8.0_72. After that everything started to work just fine. So just a note to anyone who may see this problem, downgrade your Java and that could potentially work.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ncbs
500 replies posted 50 likes received 250 sign-ins

Hi @CHubbard ,

Do you have Java installed in your system? If not, can you try installing Java Runtime Environment prior to XMC Flasher?

Regards,
Nikhil

0 Likes
CHubbard
Level 1
Level 1

Yes I did have Java installed on the system, I did figure out how to fix the problem though. Even though I was using the most up to date JRE, I uninstalled it and installed the minimum required version of Java which it states as JRE 1.8.0_72. After that everything started to work just fine. So just a note to anyone who may see this problem, downgrade your Java and that could potentially work.

ncbs
500 replies posted 50 likes received 250 sign-ins

Hi @CHubbard ,

Glad your query is resolved.

Please feel free to post any queries or issues you may have on Infineon products here and the community will be happy to help.

Regards,
Nikhil