XMC_ETH_PHY_ xxxx.x implementation

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
senx0011
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 questions asked 5 sign-ins

Hi,

XMCLib comes with these three files:

senx0011_0-1673043714071.png

My PHY is a Broadcomm chip, not a dp83848 nor a ksz8031ml chip. Mine is BCM5241XA1KMLG.

Where do I find xmc_eth_phy_BCM5241XA1KMLG.c ?

thank you in advance,

0 Likes
1 Solution
ncbs
500 replies posted 50 likes received 250 sign-ins

Hi @senx0011 ,

The configuration can be done in two ways, either by using serial management interface to access the PHY registers and writing the configuration directly into the registers, or by strapping pins with appropriate pull-up or pull-down registers - the values on these pins will be read at power up and this configures the PHY. The second method is recommended and does not require PHY specific .c file. 

Are you planning to use BCM5241XA1KMLG for EtherCAT communication? Please note that the Broadcom PHY BCM5241XA1KMLG is discontinued.

Regards,
Nikhil

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
ncbs
500 replies posted 50 likes received 250 sign-ins

Hi @senx0011 ,

The configuration can be done in two ways, either by using serial management interface to access the PHY registers and writing the configuration directly into the registers, or by strapping pins with appropriate pull-up or pull-down registers - the values on these pins will be read at power up and this configures the PHY. The second method is recommended and does not require PHY specific .c file. 

Are you planning to use BCM5241XA1KMLG for EtherCAT communication? Please note that the Broadcom PHY BCM5241XA1KMLG is discontinued.

Regards,
Nikhil

0 Likes