Why can't I use the Manual Pin Allocator to change the pin?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
VincenWang
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First question asked Welcome!

Hi:

I purchased a set of "EVAL_800W_PSU_4P_C7" and completed the product registration,

after importing additional code using DAVE,

I first changed the "oring" from Pin1(P0.1) to Pin28(P2.8) using manual pin assignor, it works,

then want to change "sync2" from Pin25 (P2.15) to Pin1 (P0.1),

but there are no other pins supporting PWM_CCU80 in the dropdown list of the manual pin assignor,

there is only the original Pin25 (P2.15) in the list,

what is the reason?

Best Regards

0 Likes
1 Solution
Owen_Su
250 solutions authored 500 replies posted 50 likes received

Hi,

I've created a new project based on XMC4200, and I found that if I just used PWM_CCU8 and Interrupt, I can assigned 'sync2' to other pins, including P2_15.

But the whole project include lots of modules, and the PWM_CCU8  is connected with not just Interrupt, There are also other peripherals such as timers, and subsequent modules have selected corresponding channels, so PWM_ CCU8 can only select the corresponding pins. If you want to make changes, you need to configure the code to other channels, and a series of apps may need to be modified.

Hope this can help you.

BR,

Owen

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Owen_Su
250 solutions authored 500 replies posted 50 likes received

Hi,

I've created a new project based on XMC4200, and I found that if I just used PWM_CCU8 and Interrupt, I can assigned 'sync2' to other pins, including P2_15.

But the whole project include lots of modules, and the PWM_CCU8  is connected with not just Interrupt, There are also other peripherals such as timers, and subsequent modules have selected corresponding channels, so PWM_ CCU8 can only select the corresponding pins. If you want to make changes, you need to configure the code to other channels, and a series of apps may need to be modified.

Hope this can help you.

BR,

Owen