Where to report errors in docs and sample code?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User7804
Level 4
Level 4
Hello All,

what is the best (most promising) place to report errors in the documentation and/or sample code?

Insider's tips welcome, I guarantee that I RTFM before asking.

I just want to avoid to send labour-intensive reports to /dev/null

Oliver
0 Likes
5 Replies
Not applicable
Hi obetz,

For DAVE related issue (examples, Apps, SW bug.. etc), you can post to the DAVE forum or DAVE Problem Tracking.

For Documentation, you can always bring up the error you find here (Microcontroller forum).
If the reported issue is identify as real error, we will forward to the respective person for amendment.

Thank you.
0 Likes
User7804
Level 4
Level 4
Jackson wrote:

For DAVE related issue (examples, Apps, SW bug.. etc), you can post to the DAVE forum or DAVE Problem Tracking.

Regarding the forum: I brought up two DAVE issues two weeks ago but since I didn't get any feedback, how shall I know they are processed by anyone?

For Documentation, you can always bring up the error you find here (Microcontroller forum).
If the reported issue is identify as real error, we will forward to the respective person for amendment.

The same applies here: Will I get a confirmation? What about the ANAOFFSET documentation error I described in http://www.infineonforums.com/threads/1062-XMC1000-DCO-calibration?
0 Likes
Not applicable
For DAVE issue, if it is found to be SW bug, we will logged the issue into our system and it will forward to our SW development team.
Of course, depending on the priority/severity, it might takes some time to get it resolved.

For documentation wise, we do not have a fixed date for new document release.
All the documentation error will be forwarded to the respective person for amendment.
Hence, all documentation error will only be corrected when there is a new document release.

As for your question on the oscillator calibration wrt to temperature sensor, we do not have the calibration parameters yet. It is still under investigation.
If you are looking for a oscillator calibration, why not you try the calibration with external reference.
You can refers to Device Guide - XMC1000 - Internal Oscillator Handling.
0 Likes
User7804
Level 4
Level 4
Jackson wrote:
For DAVE issue, if it is found to be SW bug, we will logged the issue into our system and it will forward to our SW development team.

Please understand my situation: I described a problem, and there was no reply. So I don't know whether somebody takes care of it.

You write "if it is found to be SW bug", but I don't see whether it is investigated at all.

All the documentation error will be forwarded to the respective person for amendment.

In the DCO thread, you didn't comment this:

"DCO_ADJL_RT and DCO_ADJL_HT description says there are 5 bits to be transferred to ANAOFFSET.ADJL_OFFSET, but ADJL_OFFSET is only four bits wide. A documentation error?",

so I don't know whether this information took it's way to the documentation people.

If you are looking for a oscillator calibration, why not you try the calibration with external reference.
You can refers to Device Guide - XMC1000 - Internal Oscillator Handling.

No place, no pin, no money, no time to do the calibration. BTW I wouldn't rely on the oscillator circuit.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Oliver,

For the software issue you reported in DAVE forum, our colleague will do some investigation and once it is found to be an issue, we will log it in the e-ticket system.
Once the issue is logged, we usually provide the reference number back to the forum to inform the user.

For the temperature sensor chapter you are reported, the information is obsolete and irrelevant to user.
Hence, this information shall be removed in the next release of the document.
That is why I said it was documentation error as it will be removed.
Well, it was my mistake that I did not inform you properly.

As for calibrating the internal oscillator based on the temperature sensor, this feature would not be available on the current step device.
Therefore, calibration based on temperature sensor is not possible now.
0 Likes