Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
RValascho
Employee
Employee
5 sign-ins First like received 5 questions asked
I am working on a webserver application. I have loaded the WEBSERVER001 app into a project. By itself, I can configure it and run a web page. I want to use the RTC for a secondary purpose. I would like to set the RTC to run a periodic interrupt. When I introduce this into the project using the DAVE apps, the webserver does not work. I get hung up in the lwIP initialization. So, I then thought that maybe this is a timing issue and that I should initialize my periodic request after lwIP had initialized. So I tried to hard code it:

NVIC_SCU001_RegisterCallback(NVIC_SCU001_PI,Seconds_ISR,0);
RTC->MSKSR |= 0x01;
SCU_INTERRUPT->SRMSK |= 0x2;

Now the web server runs, and I can see that the status flags are set when the period ends. It looks like register level that it is working. But my ISR never gets called. So then I thought it might be a priority issue. I set the NVIC_SCU001 app to a priority of 1, from 63. Still the program never calls my ISR.

I've looked through the webserver application and it looks like the RTC is used only as time reference. I can see the timer running in debug, and I can see that the status bits are set. Yet, no interrupt.

Let me know your thoughts on this one.
0 Likes
3 Replies
RValascho
Employee
Employee
5 sign-ins First like received 5 questions asked
Furthermore, I'd like to bring in USB into this project. The USBMS001 uses the RTC too. So I potentially have 3 pieces of the application using the RTC. Do you see any potential conflict?
0 Likes
Not applicable
Not getting an interrupt... is the interrupt function globally disabled?

If the parts are configured using the RTC on the same time base, there shouldn't be conflict.
0 Likes
Travis
Employee
Employee
First solution authored Welcome! 500 replies posted
Hi RValascho,

the WEBSERVER001 uses Raw connection thus it is not suitable for RTOS application. For RTOS application with Ethernet it is recommended to use socket connection or netconn.

In fact work is in progress for new webserver with RTOS + latest version (lwIP and low level driver) using socket connection. Please drop me a message and we can discuss this topic offline.

Best Regards
Travis
0 Likes