VADC0_G3_3_IRQHandler() at 0x8000290

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
michael_liao
Level 2
Level 2
First like received 5 replies posted 5 sign-ins

https://community.infineon.com/t5/XMC/VADC0-G3-3-IRQHandler/td-p/312702

I also have the issue in this thread as the picture below.

Image 1.jpg

The moderator mentioned a  method "Define default handlers and other fault handlers and you should be able to track down the real issue".

I have no idea what did he means and how to implement this method.

Are there any detail informations about this method or other suggestions?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Owen_Su
250 solutions authored 500 replies posted 50 likes received

Hi, @michael_liao ,

The number of chirps can also be higher , if the firmware and eventually the communication layer are adjusted, but it eventually leads to very low Pulse repetition time of 90 micro seconds.

The present PRT(Pulse repetition time) is 2ms, It can be decreased with enormous effort adjusting several timer’s in the FW and Analog-baseband has to be redesigned. Such low PRT is not feasible concept in D2GL as DAC based voltage ramp is used not PPL.

For applications with low PRT, Avian based 60Ghz radars are RECOMMENDED (eg.BGT60TR13C). Can you please let us know the detail application you wants to build?

BR,

Owen

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
Owen_Su

Hi, @michael_liao ,

How did you modify your codes? I test with my D2G standard code, it works well. You can share your project with us. Or you can use the XMC Flasher to upload the .hex file into your chip. Hope this can help you.

Regards,

Owen

0 Likes

Hi Owen,

I modified radar settings as the pictures below.

config.h

michael_liao_0-1676539548274.png

d2gl_bsp_limits.h

michael_liao_1-1676539709394.png

d2gl_sc_fmcw_internal.h

michael_liao_2-1676539783279.png

I' m trying to reduce the time interval between ramp to ramp.

But when the time interval is reduce to a critical value (maybe about 10us), the issue mentioned before happen.

Here is my project.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rR6N97ztYoRF0wkJ9bFOpS0VoAyUPCOa/view?usp=share_link

I tried upload .hex file and it still does not work.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Owen_Su

Hi, @michael_liao ,

I followed your steps to modify my codes, but an error will appear: 'SC_FMCW_PULSE_REPEAT_TIME_USEC ' out of range, you can check the software manual that this parameter ranges from 2500 to 10000. And then modify the parameter to the correct range, but I did not report the error like your figure shows. You can refer to my attachment.

The possible reason for your problem is that the time between chirp to chirp is too short to detect. Or there is a problem with the code of other parts you modified. The following picture shows my image after debugging:

Owen_Su_0-1676604207810.png

BTW, I can't open the link you shared your project, you can upload the code directly. 

Regards,

Owen

0 Likes

Hi Owen,

Sorry, I modified these parameters below to avoid the compiling error you said.

d2gl_bsp_limits.h

michael_liao_0-1676605025725.png

I modified these parameters to  measure data for larger radar range and increase velocity resolution. 

I want generate the chirp like below.

There are no any delay time between neighboring chirps.

michael_liao_1-1676605808523.png

0 Likes
Owen_Su

Hi, @michael_liao ,

1) The valid range of values for NUM_OF_CHIRPS is [1-16], but you changed it to 64 which is not valid and throws error. When we tried replicating the issue, it was the only error which shows up otherwise the code builds fine with NUM_OF_VALUES =16.

2) The BSP can support maximum up to 16 ramps (Hardware Constraint). We cannot reduce the standby time further more.

Best Regards,

Owen

0 Likes

Hi @Owen_Su ,

1) The valid range of values for NUM_OF_CHIRPS is [1-16], but you changed it to 64 which is not valid and throws error. When we tried replicating the issue, it was the only error which shows up otherwise the code builds fine with NUM_OF_VALUES =16.

This error is avoidable by changing the  "BSP_MAX_NUM_OF_CHIRPS" value.

2) The BSP can support maximum up to 16 ramps (Hardware Constraint). We cannot reduce the standby time further more.

If it was a hardware constraint, then what makes this constraint?

0 Likes
Owen_Su

Hi, @michael_liao ,

The number of chirps can also be higher , if the firmware and eventually the communication layer are adjusted, but it eventually leads to very low Pulse repetition time of 90 micro seconds.

The present PRT(Pulse repetition time) is 2ms, It can be decreased with enormous effort adjusting several timer’s in the FW and Analog-baseband has to be redesigned. Such low PRT is not feasible concept in D2GL as DAC based voltage ramp is used not PPL.

For applications with low PRT, Avian based 60Ghz radars are RECOMMENDED (eg.BGT60TR13C). Can you please let us know the detail application you wants to build?

BR,

Owen

0 Likes
Owen_Su

This thread will be closed due to long time no reply, you can create a new one if you have any other questions. Thanks for your understanding.

BR,

Owen

0 Likes