Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Do i understand it right, that if i want to update my application in the flash using the ASC BSL, i have first have to load a loader software into the RAM via ASC BSL. And after that loader software started, the loader software should be able to receive the application data and write it into the flash ?
If yes, does there already exist an example SW for such a loader SW?
It would be quite bad,that i need 2 different binaries to update the application.
And is it also possible on a XMC1200, to have different applications already in the flash like at a XMC4500 to start one of the application (at a certain address) at program start?
0 Likes
4 Replies
User12775
Level 5
Level 5
First solution authored First like received
No.
Directly download the hex file or bin file into the chip using the Memtool.
0 Likes
Not applicable
In the mean time i could find an example project at https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-AP32337-XMC1000-software-update-XMC1000-using-ASC-example-cod...
The example shows, that on the flash are 4 applications installed ( bootstrap, loader and 2 blink applicaitons). Update is done threw the loader application, which is copied to the sram first.
Thats a good example of how to use multiple applications in the flash and how to setup an application located in the SRAM.
It doesn't show, how to update the Applicaiton using the ASC BSL protocol. But seems it really needs a loader application to update an application in the flash.
But i could not get the any software running in the SRAM, which i tried to transfer via the ASC BSL protocol 😛
0 Likes
User12775
Level 5
Level 5
First solution authored First like received
If you only need to flash your program into your chip, then the only tool you need is the Infineon Memtool.
2770.attach
0 Likes
Not applicable
No, i just wanted to program a procedure, that someone can update the application during runtime using RS232.
0 Likes