Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
amanning
Level 4
Level 4
50 sign-ins 25 replies posted 10 questions asked

I am trying to use the Keil USB Middleware (which I have been informed is Infineon code) to add USB Virtual-COM feature to our application.
I started with the example running on the Infineon 45A evaluation board. This example, after a few minor corrections, worked and I could connect to a PC using the windows driver supplied in the example.
As it seemed so easy to get it to work, I added the USB libraries to my application, using the same settings as in the example. But this did not work. Windows cannot connect and reports an unknow USB device.
After searching for differences between the example and my application I noticed that the example uses the old RTOS V1 version. The USB Middleware documentation says it works with RTOS V2, which is what we use. So I changed the example to use RTOS V2 and now it does not work!
So it would seem the USB Middleware does not work correctly with RTOS V2.
As far as I can see, all the threads and other OS objects are created correctly.
I have enabled the debugging events and I can see an error: Component: USBD_Core, Event: ReqGetStatusFailed, Value: device=0
But I have no idea why the Core cannot get the status, as upto this point everything works with no error.

0 Likes
1 Solution
LinglingG_46
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 10 questions asked

Now, the USB Middleware does not work correctly with RTOS V2, so it is recommend the customer can use the RTOS V1.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi Amanning,

Could you please share the source from which you have taken the USB Middleware ? Additionally can you share the modifications you have done to the middleware so that we can try to re-create it at our end ?

Best Regards,
Vasanth

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
amanning
Level 4
Level 4

As you should know, the middleware is not available as source, only as a library, so no I cannot share the source. 

I have attached my example. Basically it is the standard example from the Keil pack list, just converted to use RTOS V2.

In the meantime I have also seen that if I use the standard example which uses RTOS V1 (which works) and change the setting to use the debug version of the library, it does not work any more. 

My guess is there is a serious timing problem in this driver.

0 Likes
amanning
Level 4
Level 4

Is anyone looking into this problem?

I am not getting any answers!

0 Likes
amanning
Level 4
Level 4

I still have not received a solution to this problem. 

Please update me. When will a fix be available?

0 Likes
LinglingG_46
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 10 questions asked

Now, the USB Middleware does not work correctly with RTOS V2, so it is recommend the customer can use the RTOS V1.

0 Likes