UART xmc1400

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
I have been trying to use xmc_1400 UART example in DAVE 4 but I see garbage using my Tera term any ideas? and my serial port setting is correct, normally that is when you see garbage
0 Likes
5 Replies
chismo
Employee
Employee
First like received
Hello,

Can I confirm that by port settings, this includes the baud rate of 57.6kbits/s being configured correctly?
Are you able to see the sequence of 14 bytes in hex values or they are completely random values?

If possible, can you test with another hyperterminal such as docklight evaluation version or mttty?

Regards,
Min Wei
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Min Wei,

I am using this with XMC_1300 development board not 1400 but in the configuration I don't see any difference between 1300 and 1400 in this example, I used mttty and it is the same (garbage)
when you compile it and it goes to debug display the debug play key is off already, normally it should be on and then you run it

thanks in Advance,
0 Likes
Not applicable
YES IT INCLUDES 57600 BAUD RATE

const uint8_t message[] = "Hello world!!\n";

void SysTick_Handler(void)
{
uint32_t index;
static uint32_t ticks = 0;

ticks++;
if (ticks == TICKS_WAIT)
{
XMC_GPIO_ToggleOutput(LED);

for (index = 0; index < sizeof(message) - 1; index++)
{
XMC_UART_CH_Transmit(XMC_UART0_CH1, message[index]);
}
ticks = 0;
}
}
0 Likes
Not applicable
the original uart is working but it doesn't work in my project, sorry for confusion I think this my learning curve, I was programming a 1400 in 1300 without changing processor, that would do it.
0 Likes
Not applicable
got it,
I needed to eliminate the first one

XMC_SCU_CLOCK_Init(&clock_config); eliminated this and it starts working

SysTick_Config(SystemCoreClock/TICKS_PER_SECOND);
0 Likes