UART Receive Problem

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
hi all,
i am trying to communicate XMC4500 Relax kit with my computer using RS232 ,here i am able to transmit data ,but while receiving it is not going to interrupts ,any help please.

Thanks & Regards ,
ASHISH
0 Likes
5 Replies
Not applicable
Hi ASHISH,

Did you configure your XMC4500 with UART001 DAVE App?
What is your configuration?
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi JACKSON,
i got my problem solved , actually i have not configured the input stages of the input control register properly that time. Now it is working fine.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi all,

I'd have exact the same problem: I'm able to send data from the microcontroller to the PC via UART but I'm not able to receive data. I actual see the data on the wire but the microcontroller doesn't seem to react.

I've configured my XMC4500 board with the UART001 DAVE App running the following code:

#include 

int main(void)
{
char test;

DAVE_Init();

while(1)
{
while((UART001_GetFlagStatus(&UART001_Handle0,UART001_FIFO_STD_RECV_BUF_FLAG))!=UART001_SET);

test = UART001_ReadData(UART001_Handle0);

UART001_WriteData(UART001_Handle0, test);

UART001_ClearFlag(&UART001_Handle0,UART001_FIFO_STD_RECV_BUF_FLAG);
}
return 0;
}

These are my settings:

Manual Pin Assignment:

UART Receive: Pin1.4
UART Transmit: Pin1.5

All other configuration options are set to default. Furthermore I am using a Silicon Labs CP2102 USB to UART Bridge Controller.

Many thanks for any help in advance,

stulle
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Stulle,

Your DAVE App doesn't seems to be the latest version.
May I know what version of DAVE3 IDE you are using? and the version of the UART001 app?
The latest version of the app should be 1.0.24.
628.attach
0 Likes
Not applicable
Problem solved.

I've created a new DAVE project from scratch and now it's working. Don't ask me why, settings are exactly the same as before. Somehow my previous project messed up.

Thanks for help.
0 Likes