UART INTERRUPT FIFO BUFFER

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 25 sign-ins 10 questions asked

I'm using P2G kit to develop a UART communication. I use FIFO buffer to transmit and receive UART Interrupt mode. 

Ex: 

UART_Receive(&UART_0, uart_instance.payloadISR, sizeof(uart_instance.payloadISR)); (payload is 5 bytes length). FIFO buffer 16 bytes.
I see in the comment of UART_Receive that FIFO buffer will be flushed after I receive full of my desire bytes (here is 5 bytes). But in practice I see that buffer is not flushed as expectec.
For example, I receive 5 bytes, communication is successful as expected. But when I receive 4 bytes, and next time sender send another msg with 5 bytes, 1 byte in the 2nd msg will be fill in the missing one in the 1st msg. Yeah it's ok at this part. But I expect that other 4 bytes remain in 2nd msg will be flushed, so when the 3rd msg with full 5 bytes arrive, it will not occur the situation like the 1st and 2nd msg. But I see that 3rd is still suffer that problem, and other msg continue the same, until the nth msg, everything is ok, 5 bytes receive correctly again (I do not know when the nth msg arrive, sometime it 4th, 8th,... it's not stable). Hope to hear the answer from you guys. Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

I fixed the problem by manually delete FIFO buffer at the end of the receive/transmit ISR callback. Thank you for your reply.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Aashita_R
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @90670 ,

Can you please share the app settings for your UART App? 

Best Regards,

Aashita

0 Likes

I fixed the problem by manually delete FIFO buffer at the end of the receive/transmit ISR callback. Thank you for your reply.

0 Likes
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 25 sign-ins 10 questions asked

Actually this is out of my knowledge, I don't think I can help you, sorry.

0 Likes