Trouble assigning Pins for SPI

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User8570
Level 3
Level 3
I have the following pins for SPI. P5.0 P5.1 and P5.2 Using SPI001 App. I can setup Data In and Data Out lines (P5.0 and P5.1) but I can't assign Clock to P5.2.

any reason why I can't do this? Datasheet shows P5.2 can be used for Clock Out
0 Likes
7 Replies
Not applicable
Hi jptalledo,

Which device have you selected for the project?
If you have chosen XMC4500 AA step, then it is impossible for assignment of P5.0, P5.1 and P5.2 for SPI as it is using USIC2.
XMC4500 AA step device having FIFO bug at USIC2, therefore the usage of USIC2 is blocked.

However, if you choose AB step or higher, you just need to assign the Clock Out to P5.2 first, then you can assign P5.0 and P5.1 to the data pin.
0 Likes
User8570
Level 3
Level 3
Jackson

I am using Step AB. I was able to add the SPI and use the P5.0, P5.1 and P5.2 pins. but something happened to my project that now I can't do it. I got the message HW resources not shareable constraint. Please check if the devise has enough resources.

Any advise how to solve this?
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi jptalledo,

Did you use any other USIC communication in your project?
If other serial communication has used USIC2 Channel 0, then you can't assigned it anymore.
0 Likes
User8570
Level 3
Level 3
I am not using any USC app on my current project. That's why it is weird. Any suggestions how to fix it?
0 Likes
User8570
Level 3
Level 3
I am attaching DAVE's App report. Maybe I am missing something?
725.attach
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi jptalledo,

May I know what do you mean by something happened to my project you are referring?
I'm afraid that it could be due some corruption in the project or workspace.
0 Likes
User8570
Level 3
Level 3
Jackson, it looks like there is a conflict between my second CAN001 App which uses P2.6 and P2.7. For SPI, chipselect is available on my current configuration on the same pin P2.6. So is it possible to setup a SPI001 App without chip select? or how can I work around this?

Thanks
0 Likes