Six Step Commutation for sensored Bldc motor

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
shikhar
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

I am working on six step commutation for sensored 3 ph bldc motor and using Xmc boot kit 1400. Using CCU8 for Pwm configuration. But the problem is that when one MOSFET is turning on that automatically second to turn on also of same leg.

Can u tell me how to enable and disable the PWM?

If you have any reference example codes or materials please suggest them to me.

Thanks in advance 

Shikhar

0 Likes
4 Replies
Aashita_R
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @shikhar ,

Can you please try providing complimentary PWM outputs to control both the switches/MOSFETs and confirm if that is working fine in your case? Can you please let us know how are you providing controlling signals for the MOSFET switches? 

For your reference, you can have a look at the below code example which is provided with DAVE -

Aashita_Raj_0-1683800308183.png

You can download this code example from here : https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/promopages/aim-mc/dave_downloads.html . There are multiple code examples associated with BLDC motor application which you can find here and modify your application.

Best Regards,

Aashita

0 Likes
shikhar
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

@Aashita_R 

Again I ask my question then u understand well my problem.

How to disable the complementary PWM high and low side, using CCU8- XMC boot kit 1400

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
Aashita_R

Hi @shikhar ,

Apologies for the delay in my response. As per my understanding, there are requirements of disabling the CCU8 modules to disable the PWM high and low side.

Below is the API which might be helpful -

Aashita_Raj_0-1697001017394.png

You can refer this site here : https://documentation.help/XMC/group___c_c_u8.html#gac85e7fb4c99c60f132b1b9ab6bb281eb to understand more about the APIs. Please feel free to add here in case of any further query.

Best Regards,

Aashita

0 Likes
Aashita_R

Hi,

I am going and closing this thread due to inactivity. Please feel free to put a query in case of any further doubt or any newer topic.

Best Regards,

Aashita

0 Likes