Sample Project for Quadrature Encoder input to POSIF via CCU4 - Target XMC4400

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Good morning,

I an attempting to connect a quadrature encoder to a XMC4400F100 (hex development board). Unfortunately the DAVE app for generating code to do this (POSQE001) is only for the XMC4500 series.

I have created a XMC4500 project with the POSQE001 DAVE app, generated code and examined the code. I have migrated the code to a XMC4400 project making appropriate pin changes, etc., connected up my encoder to P1.15, P2.15 and P2.15 on the dev brd but cannot observe the capture register in CCU counting as the encoder rotates. Obviously something I done is incorrect/not sufficient.

I have read the XMC4000 POSIF Quadrature Decoder (Direction, Position and Revolution Decode) User Guide (rev 1.0, 6 Aug 2012) which refers to an example project. Does this project exist? Does Infineon have an example project for quadrature encoder targeted for a XMC4400?

Regards,

Steve.
0 Likes
4 Replies
elegantk
Employee
Employee
Unfortunately, the Encoder project is prepared for XMC4500.
You can look for the Example Project - "Encoder_FOC_Example2.zip"
http://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/promopages/aim-mc/dave_downloads.html
0 Likes
Not applicable
Thanks for your answer elegantk,

I was not aware of the "Encoder_FOC_Example2.zip" project and have now been using it to understand how the POSIF and CCU work together to intepret a quadrature encoder intput. However, I have not yet managed to get a quadrature encode/POSIF/CCU working on my hex XMC4400 dev. board.

What is the mechnaism to get some further more detailed support/help on this issue? At present I see only two means:

1: This forum. Is this Infineon's prefered method of dealing with HW/SW issues?
2: From the support portal on the main Infineon website (http://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/productSupport.html): This appears to be focussed on obtaining product information, but correct me if I am wrong.

Are these the only means? Is there there a way of raising a support issue and being issued with a support ticket number?

Regards,

Steve
0 Likes
Travis
Employee
Employee
First solution authored Welcome! 500 replies posted
Hi AlliedSteve,

we are using the forum as a means of reaching you guys and also a sharing site for everyone. The E ticketing is for you to report an issues relating to DAVE3 apps and other DAVE technical issues.

However you can also speak to your local sales office to establish the required support channel if necessary.

Best Regards
Travis
0 Likes
Not applicable
Travis,

thank you for your reply.

Regards,

Steve
0 Likes