Announcements

Help us improve the Power & Sensing Selection Guide. Share feedback

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
gargi1
Level 2
Level 2
25 sign-ins 10 questions asked 10 replies posted

Hi Team,

i am using XMC440 platform2go evaluation board and wanted to do SPI communication in loopback mode.

for that i am referring SPI_SLAVE example present in DAVE and configuring SPI pins present on the arduino board.

I am selecting only SPI_MASTER with direct mode and using SPI_MASTER_TRANSMIT function to check whether clock is generating.

Issue is i am not able to see any clock and chip select signal in CRO.

please suggest what are the steps i need to follow or anything i am  missing.

Thanks,

Gargi

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Pradeep_PN
50 likes received 250 sign-ins 100 solutions authored

Hi @gargi1 ,

I created a sample project on XMC 4400 Platform 2Go board and i am able to see the data transmission using the SPI pins of the Arduino connector, Please refer to the attached project.

Please refer to the below figure.

Pradeep_PN_0-1708337765241.png

If you are still facing the problem then please share the project so that we can have  look into it.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any further queries.

Best Regards
Pradeep.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
lock attach
Pradeep_PN

Hi @gargi1 ,

I created a sample project on XMC 4400 Platform 2Go board and i am able to see the data transmission using the SPI pins of the Arduino connector, Please refer to the attached project.

Pradeep_PN_0-1708337765241.png

If you are still facing the problem then please share the project so that we can have  look into it.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any further queries.

Best Regards
Pradeep.

0 Likes
lock attach
PrathameshJ
Level 1
Level 1
5 likes given 5 replies posted 25 sign-ins

Hi Pradeep, Thanks for the reply.

i have created project which you shared and connected clock on P1.8 as shown in image. still my clock signal is not generated. please have a look and let me know the mistake.

Thanks,

Gargi

0 Likes
Pradeep_PN

Hi @PrathameshJ ,

I have tried the project at my end and able to see the clock in oscilloscope.

As the clock will appear for very small time it would be difficult for you to see in the oscilloscope.

As soon as you press the reset stop the oscilloscope so that you can see the clock or based on the oscilloscope you are using you can acquire the signal.

Pradeep_PN_0-1708343635556.jpeg

Best Regards
Pradeep.

0 Likes
gargi1
Level 2
Level 2
25 sign-ins 10 questions asked 10 replies posted

hi Pradeep, thanks for your support.

i am able to capture signals.

now, i am working on SPI loopback mode and made external connections. i wanted to know is there any option available for internal loopback in SPI.

Thanks,

Gargi

0 Likes
Pradeep_PN

Hi @gargi1 ,

The USIC transmitter output signals can be connected to the corresponding receiver inputs of the same communication channel in loop back mode. Therefore, the input “G” of the input stages that are needed for the selected protocol have to be selected. In this case, drivers for ASC, SSC, and IIS can be evaluated on-chip without the connections to port pins. Data transferred by the transmitter can be received by the receiver as if it would have been sent by another communication partner.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have nay further queries.

Best Regards
Pradeep.

0 Likes