Announcements

Help us improve the Power & Sensing Selection Guide. Share feedback

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Rhammad
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First like received First question asked

I would to know what would be an alternative to SAF-XC167CI-16F40F BB for new designs ,that does not require significant code changes.

1 Solution
sujatapatil
250 replies posted 50 solutions authored 10 likes received

Hi @Rhammad ,

We have below alternative but it is not pin to pin replacement and would need code change .Please see below link

https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/microcontroller/32-bit-industrial-microcontroller-based-on-a...

Thanks

Sujata

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Hello,
I just need to know what would be a non obsolete direct replacement to that MCU.

Electrical Engineer IV
Textron Systems
Electronics Systems
0 Likes
sujatapatil

Hi @Rhammad ,

We have below alternative but it is not pin to pin replacement and would need code change .Please see below link

https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/microcontroller/32-bit-industrial-microcontroller-based-on-a...

Thanks

Sujata

0 Likes

Hi Sujata,

Thanks for the info,would the code changes be related to the I/O pin out or would they be more involved than that because this alternative is an ARM Cortex MCU.

0 Likes
sujatapatil

Hi @Rhammad ,

Code changes will be not related to just IO pin , it would need some effort to port to new device.

If you are planning XMC  you need to take below approach.

1> XMC controller provides huge peripheral example code, pick most relevant code example for your application.

2> Identify all peripherials in your current project. configuration of peripherial is easy with our tool . Add driver for those using our tool  .

3> Last your main application which does actual business with these peripheral migrate .

Let me know if you have any doubt . Also let me know about your project , business opportunity to provide our support in porting.

Thanks

Sujata 

0 Likes