Recommended Flash Size

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Parmiss
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins First reply posted First like given

Hi, we are developing a DALI driver using the Infineon DALI-2 stack and XMC1302 with 38 pins. We want it to have the following device types: 1, 6, 50, 51, and 52 (parts 202, 207, 251, 252, 253). I know that we need to calculate stuff like RMS voltage, power, and so on. We would also want to have a very basic bootloader for firmware upgrades with one bank.

What flash size is usually recommended for such DALI-2 devices? Our purchase team is insisting on getting a 64 KB flash and thinks it is a lot of space. I have been working on the project for a while now and the code size alone is around 50 KB already, so I think we need more than 64. I would really appreciate it if someone could give me insight based on their experience with the DALI-2 stack.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Aashita_R
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @Parmiss ,

As per your application, we recommend you to go for the XMC 1300 device with the highest memory i.e. 200 Kbytes (XMC1302-T028X0200) for your use case and development. The features about On-chip memories is provided in the XMC 1300 reference manual as below -

• 8 kbytes on-chip ROM
• 16 kbytes on-chip high-speed SRAM
• up to 200 kbytes on-chip Flash program and data memory.

Also, optimise your code and check for the memory size, it would occupy. Make sure you leave 10-20% of memory for the future usage of your application.

After optimising your code, you can  go for the lower memory part of XMC 1300 device and then for the final development.

Please go through the above suggestions and let us know in case of any further query. We would be happy to help!

Best Regards,

Aashita

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Aashita_R
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @Parmiss ,

As per your application, we recommend you to go for the XMC 1300 device with the highest memory i.e. 200 Kbytes (XMC1302-T028X0200) for your use case and development. The features about On-chip memories is provided in the XMC 1300 reference manual as below -

• 8 kbytes on-chip ROM
• 16 kbytes on-chip high-speed SRAM
• up to 200 kbytes on-chip Flash program and data memory.

Also, optimise your code and check for the memory size, it would occupy. Make sure you leave 10-20% of memory for the future usage of your application.

After optimising your code, you can  go for the lower memory part of XMC 1300 device and then for the final development.

Please go through the above suggestions and let us know in case of any further query. We would be happy to help!

Best Regards,

Aashita

0 Likes