RF Engineer

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
mkasahara
Level 1
Level 1
First solution authored 5 sign-ins First reply posted

I have XMC4800 AWS IoT kit.  BUTTON2 is not defined and not usable under DAVE.  What is the fix?

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

A Happy New Year to you!

Thank you very much for the information.  I needed a bit more information to put it together and came across a similar thread for XMC4300: https://community.infineon.com/t5/XMC/XMC4300-relax-kit-HIB-Button/td-p/337717

I created a brand new project for my board and copied the content of main.c.  I didn't have to change anything and it worked.  Now, I can use BUTTON2.

Thank you!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Owen_Su
250 solutions authored 500 replies posted 50 likes received

Hi, @mkasahara ,

I think that you can refer to the example below and define the BUTTON2 through DAVE APP, and if you have defined the BUTTON2 but it didn't work, then you can share your project with us. Hope this can help you.

Owen_Su_0-1672279937440.png

Regards,

Owen_Su

0 Likes
mkasahara
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you very much for your reply.  Actually, I was talking about how to assign the physical pin for BUTTON2 under Manual Pin Allocator.  I can do that for BUTTON1 (See below).  However, there is no corresponding definition for BUTTON2, which should be HIB_IO_1.  I tried to find where all the pins were defined, but could not find the definition file.  If you could tell me where it is, I could probably fix the problem.  Thank you!

mkasahara_0-1672353162361.png

0 Likes
Owen_Su

Hi, @mkasahara ,

You can rename the APP to 'Button2', then you can do the pin allocate manually.

Owen_Su_0-1672366786597.png

And for all the definition of the pin, you can find in the file: Libraries-XMCLib-inc-xmc4_gpio_map.h. Hope this can help you.

Owen_Su_1-1672367358156.png

Regards,

Owen_Su

0 Likes
mkasahara
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you very much for your reply.  This AWS board uses XMC4800 in 100pin package.  The BUTTON1 is GPIO pin, but the BUTTON2 is HIB_IO_1, i.e. hibernation related pin.  I don't think it can be assigned like GPIO pins.  I found out that "board_pin_label.bpl" in the main directory controls pin assignment.  I cannot add BUTTON2 in this file, but I can change other definitions.  I checked all the _map.h files, but I could not locate anything related HIB_IO.  That's all I can tell at this moment.

0 Likes
Owen_Su

Hi, @mkasahara ,

I've checked with my colleague that for the board 'KIT_XMC48_IOT_AWS_WIFI', the pin 'HIB_IO_1'is used for hibernation of the chip, this pin is dedicated and does not need to be configured like GPIO.

Owen_Su_0-1672717065853.png

And for all the definition of HIB_IO, you can refer to 'xmc4_scu.c' and 'xmc4_scu.h'. Hope this can help you.

Owen_Su_1-1672717165680.png

Regards,

Owen_Su

0 Likes

A Happy New Year to you!

Thank you very much for the information.  I needed a bit more information to put it together and came across a similar thread for XMC4300: https://community.infineon.com/t5/XMC/XMC4300-relax-kit-HIB-Button/td-p/337717

I created a brand new project for my board and copied the content of main.c.  I didn't have to change anything and it worked.  Now, I can use BUTTON2.

Thank you!

0 Likes