Programming custom XMC4400 Board using XMC4400 Platform2Go kit

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
nkotak
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

Hello there,

We are working on bring-up of our custom board based on XMC4400 and wanted to know if we can program our custom boards using XMC4400Platform2Go kits.

We are thinking of connecting our custom boards JTAG signals to X102 on Platform2Ko kit. Will this work OK? Will do not see a way to isolate the JTAG signals going U1(XMC4400) on the Platform2Go kit.

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
onour
Employee
Employee
10 replies posted 25 sign-ins 5 solutions authored

Hello, 

Can you use the XMC Link ? I think it's a better solution than using the onboard debugger of the XMC4400Platform2Go.  Technically, you can put multiple devices on the same TCK / TMS / TRST but with the X102 I do not think it's "plug and play", depending on your schematic, you should avoid it.

If you do, I suggest not connecting direct JTAG connector but pin by pin (only what is necessary). 

Best regards. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
onour
Employee
Employee
10 replies posted 25 sign-ins 5 solutions authored

Hello, 

Can you use the XMC Link ? I think it's a better solution than using the onboard debugger of the XMC4400Platform2Go.  Technically, you can put multiple devices on the same TCK / TMS / TRST but with the X102 I do not think it's "plug and play", depending on your schematic, you should avoid it.

If you do, I suggest not connecting direct JTAG connector but pin by pin (only what is necessary). 

Best regards. 

0 Likes