Programming XMC1302

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Dear Team,

I am a first timer with XMC series. I am using XMC1302Q040X0200 micro-controller for Inverter design application.

I bought a XMC1300 CPU Card V1. I have made by PCB with micro-controller and trying to program it using 2x4 pin connector provided with the boot-kit. In the design, SWD connected to P0.14 and SWCLK is connected to P0.15. PC_TXD is connected to P1.3 and PC_RXD is connected to P1.2.

I am not able to program the micro-controller in this configuration. Can you please suggest if possible solution path.

Cheers!
Biswa
0 Likes
3 Replies
User12775
Level 5
Level 5
First solution authored First like received
Did you miss the GND?

To program/debug another board, only 3 signal pins are necessary: SWDIO, SWCLK and GND.
If you still want to use the virtual serial port, you should disconnect the two pins from the original XMC1300 on the boot kit first.
0 Likes
User12775
Level 5
Level 5
I have checked my XMC1100 Boot kit, the SWD and SWCLK are indeed on the P0.14 and P0.15. Maybe you should try to add the GND signal.
2533.attach
0 Likes
User12775
Level 5
Level 5
Have you solved the problem.

If your XMC1302 is a new blank chip. You should first change the BMI configuration via the UART. Because new chip is configured as such.
2547.attach
0 Likes