Announcements

Help us improve the Power & Sensing Selection Guide. Share feedback

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
gargi1
Level 2
Level 2
25 sign-ins 10 questions asked 10 replies posted

Hi Team,

in XMC4000 series, i wanted to know the difference between period and period value and compare and compare value. from the figure below.

gargi1_0-1698314667582.png

As i have calculated for 120MHz frequency and 30%duty the period value is 1200(1200-1) and compreg is 840. on the other side PV is 833 and CV is 250. i am not able to corelate these value.

Thanks,

Gargi

0 Likes
4 Replies
Aashita_R
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @gargi1 ,

I will try to explain as per the diagram, you have attached in the thread description.  As per my understanding, be it CCU4 or CCU8, both of them are associated with timer cells that increments from 0 to the "period of PWM". Each timer cell has in built counter which counts from 0 to the "period value".  Now the time at which this counter's value increments is given by the "time resolution". Hence, you can see that you have option to provide PWM frequency and time resolution in the APP. 

Similarly, when we provide the duty cycle,  we can figure out that as soon as the counter reaches the count value i.e. same as compare value, the PWM output signal rises high and remains high till the period so as to generate the duty cycle as provided in PWM APP.

Also, to add to this, below is the image taken from XMC 4700 reference manual,

Aashita_Raj_0-1698318637318.png

Above image is taken from the section CC4y overview, where CC4y is a timer cell of CCU4 unit. I request you to go through this once.

I hope this answers your query. Please let me know in case of any further doubt on this. We would be happy to help.

Best Regards,

Aashita

0 Likes
gargi1
Level 2
Level 2

Thanks, Aashita, for your reply. 

can you provide me some example calculation for the values CV and PV as given in the above image. it would be great support.

Thanks,Gargi

0 Likes
Aashita_R
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @gargi1 ,

Can you please mention the "resolution" value in your case?

Best Regards,

Aashita

0 Likes
gargi1
Level 2
Level 2

hi Aashita,

the resolution value is 8.33ns.

Thanks,

gargi

0 Likes