Announcements

Help us improve the Power & Sensing Selection Guide. Share feedback

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
gargi1
Level 2
Level 2
25 sign-ins 10 questions asked 10 replies posted

hi Team,

i want to test Peak current control technique in xmc4400 Platform2GO evaluation kit. is it possible to test this on evaluation board. if so, what all hardware setup i need to do to check this technique.

Thanks,

Gargi

0 Likes
1 Solution
Pradeep_PN
250 sign-ins 100 solutions authored 25 likes received

Hi @gargi1 ,

Can you please share me the project that points the above code so that i can have a look into it and find the reason on why m_out value should be less than 300 .

Let me give you a view on what the above API's will do :

1)XMC_HRPWM_HRC_SetDeadTimeFalling()

Sets the shadow transfer register of falling edge dead time with the value you provided in the API.

This will provide you a configurable dead time at the falling edge.

In your case it is 500 and 5 , After you set the shadow register value you need to call the shadow transfer update API for transfer to DCR register. A shadow transfer request in corresponding CCU8 slice may also be required.

XMC_HRPWM_EnableHighResolutionShadowTransfer() :

Enables the high resolution shadow transfer, Enables the high resolution shadow transfer determined by passed mask value.

As i mentioned before that after you write to the shadow register you need to call the shadow transfer such that the values will be reflected in the corresponding original registers.

After you call this API you can see the dead Time at the corresponding PWM signal,

Best Regards
Pradeep.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Pradeep_PN

Hi @gargi1 ,

Can you please let me know your exact requirement ? If you want to utilize HRPWM peripheral in XMC4000 family for peak current control scheme then please refer to the below link .

Link : https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-XMC-peak-current-control-in-XMC4-TR-v01_00-EN.pdf?fileId=5546...

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any further queries.

Best Regards
Pradeep.

gargi1
Level 2
Level 2
25 sign-ins 10 questions asked 10 replies posted

Hi Pradeep, 

My requirement is both buck-boost synchronous converter for peak current control.

if(ctrlFloat.m_Out < 300U)
  {
     XMC_HRPWM_HRC_SetDeadTimeFalling(HRPWM_0.hrc_slice_ptr, 500U);
  }
  else
  {
  XMC_HRPWM_HRC_SetDeadTimeFalling(HRPWM_0.hrc_slice_ptr, 5U);
  }

XMC_HRPWM_EnableHighResolutionShadowTransfer(HRPWM_0.hrc_module_ptr, HRPWM_0.hr_dt_transfer_msk);

can you please explain these lines of code, what exactly is happening here. why m_out value should be less than 300.

Thanks,
Gargi
0 Likes
Pradeep_PN

Hi @gargi1 ,

Can you please share me the project that points the above code so that i can have a look into it and find the reason on why m_out value should be less than 300 .

Let me give you a view on what the above API's will do :

1)XMC_HRPWM_HRC_SetDeadTimeFalling()

Sets the shadow transfer register of falling edge dead time with the value you provided in the API.

This will provide you a configurable dead time at the falling edge.

In your case it is 500 and 5 , After you set the shadow register value you need to call the shadow transfer update API for transfer to DCR register. A shadow transfer request in corresponding CCU8 slice may also be required.

XMC_HRPWM_EnableHighResolutionShadowTransfer() :

Enables the high resolution shadow transfer, Enables the high resolution shadow transfer determined by passed mask value.

As i mentioned before that after you write to the shadow register you need to call the shadow transfer such that the values will be reflected in the corresponding original registers.

After you call this API you can see the dead Time at the corresponding PWM signal,

Best Regards
Pradeep.

0 Likes