Parts!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User11773
Level 4
Level 4
First like received First solution authored
What are other people doing with regards to find available devices?
I just looked to day, and > 52 week lead time!

In particular, XMC4700 series.
Are others switching to other brand of processors?
0 Likes
1 Solution
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked
Hi Tim,

As you know the whole semiconductor industry is in the tight supply situation, caused by the sudden increase in demand related to post-COVID economic recovery, in all other regions. Infineon is investing in expanding the capacity for MCUs (and many other technologies), but that process is very lengthy and this tight supply situation is expected to last for at least next 6-12 months depending on the particular technology and its supply chain structure.
The lead time you are seeing is due to this. I hope things get better at the earliest.

Best Regards,
Vasanth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked
Hi Tim,

As you know the whole semiconductor industry is in the tight supply situation, caused by the sudden increase in demand related to post-COVID economic recovery, in all other regions. Infineon is investing in expanding the capacity for MCUs (and many other technologies), but that process is very lengthy and this tight supply situation is expected to last for at least next 6-12 months depending on the particular technology and its supply chain structure.
The lead time you are seeing is due to this. I hope things get better at the earliest.

Best Regards,
Vasanth
0 Likes